autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant comparison

Sentra post above updated and added a video.

Rover update
    I washed the Rover (also the Sentra) with Duragloss car wash soap (901/902) using a Big Red Sponge. I pressure washed first and washed the lower portion of the doors twice. Due to snow, ice, and salted/sanded roads over the last two weeks the grime was significant.

Product update (video here):
    • Reload was pretty much done last time. Very done this time.
    • FK #215, DG 932, and Future Armour also no longer working
    • DG 104, Can Coat, and Optiseal are doing well
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Strange that the bare paint behavior is behaving like that. What protection have you had before on those panels?

Thanks for still makeing updates and new testing! Have missed the last couple of updates you have done.

/ Tony
    It is strange. I don't recall what finishing polish I used. Maybe I screwed up and used an AIO? Should matter since I used prep polish after polishing. I think I polished with Nanoskin Compolish but don't recall. Should have documented better so I can avoid whatever it was in the future. Will polish the doors again with Menzerna 3800, then alcohol wipe, then wash with Reset and see how it behaves.

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Somebody needs to get you some Collinite 476/915 to try. Nice to know the spray wax and 104 are still going

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's just the placebo effect. I still don't know what to make of anything after that mirror test that Swanic did.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be placebo, but the video doesn't lie. I can post one of the Sentra driver's side if you want to see it. I'll take all the input I can get.

I intentionally do many products at ones and did them in different locations on the Sentra. I don't review the product map before testing and I generally don't know what product is where. I don't even know where the non-product areas are. When I get down to 2-3 remaining it's pretty clear. Before then it's just a panel to me.

I think doing hoods and roofs also was harder to read because of sloping and ponding issues. I think (hope) using the doors and a pressure washer will give more reliable results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    Somebody needs to get you some Collinite 476/915 to try. Nice to know the spray wax and 104 are still going
    Let's work out a trade. Probably need to go to the trade discussion to make it legit. Let me know what you want if you have those two.

Post Thanks / Like

I have watched some videos of Apex detailing chanel on Youtube. He has started to polish on freshly applyied LSP products. And it's interesting to see how well in this case HCW and Mothers CMX Spray Coating stod up to the polishing with a regualar polish and polishing pad. He needed to be doing compound to be certain to get it off. That's why I asked about what you have used before on those panels. Now if you suspect you used an AIO that would be an answer to the behavior LOL. I just can see you in front of me scratching your head and thinking what the f is going on LOL. And with all of the different products you use I would have mixed them up badly if I would have done it LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Let's work out a trade. Probably need to go to the trade discussion to make it legit. Let me know what you want if you have those two.
    I have an unused pot of 915; if you'd like it, PM me your address and I'll send it to ya...gratis.

Have no need for it, not a 'wax guy'.

10. Likes SWETM, ScottH, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Could be placebo, but the video doesn't lie.
    Poor choice of words on my part (perhaps because I put aside an article to read on placebo vs. drug testing, that seemed to be saying that drugs don't work), but I was more referring to what Tony was alluding to below and what Swanic found and was reiterated by PiPUK (whatever happened to him?) that sometimes when we think we are removing previous products we are simply clogging them and changing their beading characteristics, in other words, that it's a lot harder to get a "bare" surface than we thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I have watched some videos of Apex detailing chanel on Youtube. He has started to polish on freshly applyied LSP products. And it's interesting to see how well in this case HCW and Mothers CMX Spray Coating stod up to the polishing with a regualar polish and polishing pad. He needed to be doing compound to be certain to get it off. That's why I asked about what you have used before on those panels.

12. Likes SWETM, DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I have an unused pot of 915; if you'd like it, PM me your address and I'll send it to ya...gratis.

Have no need for it, not a 'wax guy'.
    Now that's COOL.

14. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast