autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant comparison

Pretty sure I tested PA Cosmic Spritz two times - will have to check. Maybe once when when I was testing coating and the Cosmic Spritz went over Cosmic coating. Didn't do particularly well either time. I could test it again, but I just haven't see it perform well relative to other products, as least not the way I'm testing it.

I have Brilliant Shine Detailer waiting for the next round of testing. Looking forward to it.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

2. Likes SWETM, craigdt liked this post
    Dislikes craigdt disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Pretty sure I tested PA Cosmic Spritz two times - will have to check. Maybe once when when I was testing coating and the Cosmic Spritz went over Cosmic coating. Didn't do particularly well either time. I could test it again, but I just haven't see it perform well relative to other products, as least not the way I'm testing it.

I have Brilliant Shine Detailer waiting for the next round of testing. Looking forward to it.
    In your personal option what is the best stand alone spray sealant. I'm looking for something to use as a drying aid and would love to hear your input.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You're asking me? I would ask you. I may have played with more products, but I suspect you have 10,000x more experience.

I think most of the spray waxes are good. Aquawax, Opt, McKee's fast wax, etc. I also like Reload+Ech20 - seems to be very slick and has great shine. Doesn't last as long, but looks great. I have to consider DG Rinseless as a QD as well. For the cost it's great. A 5:1 or 6:1 it can be streaky in the sun, so watch that.

I reach for Aquawax or Reload + Ech2o most often when I want a drying aid.

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You're asking me? I would ask you. I may have played with more products, but I suspect you have 10,000x more experience.

I think most of the spray waxes are good. Aquawax, Opt, McKee's fast wax, etc. I also like Reload+Ech20 - seems to be very slick and has great shine. Doesn't last as long, but looks great. I have to consider DG Rinseless as a QD as well. For the cost it's great. A 5:1 or 6:1 it can be streaky in the sun, so watch that.

I reach for Aquawax or Reload + Ech2o most often.
    I've been thinking about re visiting aquawax and possibly mixing with something to help with the streaks like Meg's 156 that stuff never streaks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I also use BSD in a different spray bottle to get a better spray Pattern. I've been interested in those salon bottles as well to see how they would do.

Those Flairosol spray bottles is very good option to BSD. Even if Sonax has updated their spray bottle bottle I still is not satisfied with the spray pattern from them to spray on the paint directly. The spray pattern from the Flairosol nozzle is awesome and distribute the product of choice thin and even. I have a gloss spray product that is stronger than reload but not up to the Gyeon CanCoat. And comes original in a Flairosol spray bottle. That's awesome to apply and even with it's pretty strong protection in it. Then of course it depends on the product it self too. This is a Si+(monokisel) based that has a very like properties of sio2. But even when the mf towel gets saturated from only used to spread out the product until it's disapare it's starts to leave a streaking after the mf towel but it's like some QD that clears up and evaporate clearly.

Forgot to link to the PNS kit in the last post.

SONAX Paint Protection Package

Post Thanks / Like

Washed and dried the Rover hood last night (N-914 @ rinseless). Did the hose test this morning. Everything has slowed down a little. SFX-4 still the best of this batch, but now taking longer to clear water. Nanoshock has slowed down enough that I'm calling it done. I had accidentally marked it done last time. 3M and 303 incorrectly marked as done also. Updated chart below. I also differentiated between summer and winter exposure.

Working ok
    SFX-4 - clearing 100% of water in ~30 seconds
    3M Synthetic - clearing 100% in ~50 seconds
    McKees's Fast Wax - 80% in 1 min
    Mystery #4 - 80% in 1 min
    Four Star - 80%+ in 1 min
    Dodo Supreme - 75%+ in 1 min

Barely working
    BF Carnuba - 50% in 1 min
    303 Spray - 50% in 1 min

Corrected chart:

Some Q&A

Q: Why no new products on the Sentra hood?
    A: Sentra is likely going to our oldest kid and I may not have regular access to it. Too bad, since I just polished the hood and roof to take some new products.

Q: Sentra replacement?
    A: Yes, likely today. The bad news is that it's going to be another white car. When buying used on a budget you kind of get what you get.

Q: Next set of products?
    A: Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax, Mother's Spray Wax, Megs Ultimate Quik Wax, Sonax Spray + Seal, McKee's 10 Minute Sealant, Mother's Speed Spray Wax, Sonax Brilliant Shine, FK 215 (an AIO).

Q: When?
    A: Hoping to get the next products down this week. Certainly by this weekend.

9. Likes GEM65, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed and dried the Rover hood last night (N-914 @ rinseless). Did the hose test this morning. Everything has slowed down a little. SFX-4 still the best of this batch, but now taking longer to clear water. Nanoshock has slowed down enough that I'm calling it done. I had accidentally marked it done last time. 3M and 303 incorrectly marked as done also. Updated chart below. I also differentiated between summer and winter exposure.

Working ok
    SFX-4 - clearing 100% of water in ~30 seconds
    3M Synthetic - clearing 100% in ~50 seconds
    McKees's Fast Wax - 80% in 1 min
    Mystery #4 - 80% in 1 min
    Four Star - 80%+ in 1 min
    Dodo Supreme - 75%+ in 1 min

Barely working
    BF Carnuba - 50% in 1 min
    303 Spray - 50% in 1 min

Some Q&A

Q: Why no new products on the Sentra hood?
    A: Sentra is likely going to our oldest kid and I may not have regular access to it. Too bad, since I just polished the hood and roof to take some new products.

Q: Sentra replacement?
    A: Yes, likely today. The bad news is that it's going to be another white car. When buying used on a budget you kind of get what you get.

Q: Next set of products?
    A: Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax, Mother's Spray Wax, Megs Ultimate Quik Wax, Sonax Spray + Seal, McKee's 10 Minute Sealant, Mother's Speed Spray Wax, Sonax Brilliant Shine, FK 215 (an AIO).

Q: When?
    A: Hoping to get the next products down this week. Certainly by this weekend.
    You got over 20 weeks worth boss finishing sealant??

11. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That doesn't sound right. Double checking.

UPDATE: Checked. The whole thing is a mess. Some issue with the sorting. I found the issue earlier today and was sure I fixed it. Will have go back to an earlier version and rebuild from my notes. Btw, Google Sheets is awesome in many ways. What's not awesome is some of the bugs. I think this one has to do with sorting when there are hidden columns.

UPDATE 2: Corrected above. Thanks Cruz! Glad somebody is paying attention.

13. Likes PaulMys, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Checked. The whole thing is a mess. Some issue with the sorting. I found the issue earlier today and was sure I fixed it. Will have go back to an earlier version and rebuild from my notes. Btw, Google Sheets is awesome in many ways. What's not awesome is some of the bugs. I think this one has to do with sorting when there are hidden columns.

Will get the right data re-posted as soon as I can. Hoping it's tonight.
    Your last chart and the chart you just posted have much different results for multiple products, or I I'm missing something I'm translation.

Post Thanks / Like

Will get the right data re-posted as soon as I can. Hoping it's tonight.
    Not your fault, Rip. Damn computer bugs!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast