autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant comparison

What clay and claylube did you use?

How is your washing routine during this test? And what kind of products did you use both schampo and wash media and decon products?

Interesting longevity test. Thanks for shareing your result.

2. Thanks BillyJack thanked for this post
    Likes BillyJack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clay and lube: Fine clay mitt (Nanoskin?) and McKee's N-914 at clay lube dilution (128:1, if I recall).

Washing routine is to wash before I do a hose test. Always with N-914 at rinseless or waterless concentration, except for the times I noted that I used Carpro Reset at 500:1. Wash media is a white, very dense MF towel. Most of my washes are rinseless so the MF towel is saturated with wash media. The last time I used Reset on the white hood I used a couple of MF wash mitts.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Constant and heavy rain since the last update until the 13th when I took these pictures. It was sunny and relatively warm (60 degrees).

Sentra hood behaving the same as it did a couple of weeks ago. Washed the hood with McKee's N-914 at Waterless concentration before taking the hose to it.

Immediately after hitting it with the hose. MS2, MS3, and Future Armour doing well.

A minute or so later: McKee's 360 still working, but slower than the other three.

On the Rover hood Collinite 845 still doing best, FK1000 a little behind it, Track Claw, DG 111, and Sonax PNS are all slowing down and I assume are close to the end.

Pic of the right side immediately after hitting it with water. You can water is gone from the far right (845), about 50% gone from FK1000, and moving more slowly than FK1000 for Track Claw and DG 111.

Sonax PNS doing about the same as Track Claw and DG 111. Notice there is some water clearing off the DG 105 and WG DGS areas as well. I may have called these done too early. After claying two weeks ago and some warmer weather they seem to have a little activity left. I'll try to check this again today when I have more time and it's less bright out.

Post Thanks / Like

845 is beating fk1000 ?!! interesting, and nice reviews.
    when do we find out what the mystery sealants are ?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know. The first one sucked so I'm not sure there's much value in sharing it. The other two I'm testing blind. I'll leave it up to Cruz to determine when and if to share.

EDIT: And yes, big surprise about FK1000 and Collinite. Maybe application differences? Once I get through all the products I have to test I'll likely redo the top ones with some variables, such as multiple coats, with and without DG 601, and whatever else could be a factor.

But I'm with you, 845 is surprising me. The DG stuff is doing less well then I've seen before as well. So many variables here it's hard to know. While I maybe didn't apply these as well as pro would have, I think my results are representative of what the average non-pro here would get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Don't know. The first one sucked so I'm not sure there's much value in sharing it. The other two I'm testing blind. I'll leave it up to Cruz to determine when and if to share.
    While I'd love to share they are not carried by AG but wanted to see how they compare against these top contenders. When they die out I'll try to figure out something if anyone wants to know what they are.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Me too. Not trying to be secretive but also want to respect the rules of the forum. Maybe we post them on the sister site? We'll figure something out. I have a few more left to test so it'll be a while before I'm done.

Post Thanks / Like

Some interesting developments. The history since the last update is mostly heavy rain with a few clear days. I washed both hoods with McKee's N-914 at waterless concentration before testing. It was about 55 degrees out when I did this test.

I mentioned last time that I believe there could be some temperature sensitivity to some of these products. At this temp a few products seem to be working again. I'm getting action from DG 105, 111, and Track Claw. Of these three, the Track Claw is doing the best and is now behaving comparably to FK1000. Collinite 845 still leading the pack in terms of sheeting water quickly.

In terms of shedding water quickly, 845 doing the best, then FK1000, Sonax PNS, and Track Claw all a little behind. DG 111 and DG 105 working but more slowly than the others. This is confusing things a little. What's very clear is that 845, Sonax PNS, and FK1000 continue to perform well.

Sentra hood doing the same as last time. Mystery sealants and Future Armour still performing well.

11. Thanks MattPersman, PPLd thanked for this post
    Likes MattPersman, PPLd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking of trying out PNS again but applying with different methods. Your testing is making that urge stronger..lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Here's how this looks so far with sealant duration graphed. The resolution is limited to when I tested. I made a couple of judgement calls to between testing dates. The steps between products are due to when I tested. Some of these had shorter durations than shown.

Please remember that these are relative measurements - your absolute durations for each product will likely be different. The 5 at the top are still going. A couple will be done soon.

EDIT: circle data points are done, triangles are still going.

14. Thanks MattPersman, ch17 thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, MattPersman, ch17 liked this post
Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast