autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

From Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover to AOI?

Hey everybody, I'm looking for some input. I just bought a Griot's 6" and converted my PC 7424xp to 3"

The car in question is a 2013 Gray metallic Chevy Cruze with some light dealer installed swirls.

I used Mckee's 360 with my PC and they are still there. I'll be using the GG6 now that I have it.

So, I'm looking at Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0. It says for best gloss to follow with Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0.

I love a deep "wax gloss", but keeping in mind that it's a daily driver, will I get good results just doing the TSR and following with an AOI like 360 or Griot's One-Step-Sealant?

Part 2 of the question - I'm really wanting to try Collinite Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax #915. Would it look OK to go straight from TSR to Collinite 915?? Or would it NEED the finishing glaze to use the 915?

Thanks for reading my babbling lol!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: From Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover to AOI?

If you have it where you want it after the TSR, I’d opt for a dedicated sealant (not an AIO). If TSR doesn’t get the swirls, I’m not sure an AIO would either. And with a dedicated sealant, you'll likely see better longevity. That just seems to me like keeping everything moving forward and using your time optimally. Can you use an AIO after the TSR? Sure. Might it Refine the paint further? Maybe. Lots of variables there. But an AIO typically doesn’t last as long as a dedicated sealant.

On a daily driver- yeah you can skip the glaze and my guess is you will be equally pleased with final results and those products you’ve selected.

Personally, if I had all those products in my hand, I’d be applying the TSR followed by the 915 (and skip the glaze). But that’s just me. Let’s see who else chimes in.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your thought, that's what I'm leaning towards also since it's a daily driver and the paint already isn't perfect. I guess my biggest worry was if the TSR would leave any scratches that need removed with a finer polish.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it. And in fact it might not be enough to get all the swirls out. Chevy paint can be somewhat harder might have to step up to a compound with like a MF pad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

IME TSR finished very well to be followed by LSP. You probably won't need a finer grade polish to achieve good results after TSR
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I doubt it. And in fact it might not be enough to get all the swirls out. Chevy paint can be somewhat harder might have to step up to a compound with like a MF pad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope I won't need to take that step for this car :-/

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    IME TSR finished very well to be followed by LSP. You probably won't need a finer grade polish to achieve good results after TSR
    Thanks for the 1st hand info, I think this is the route I'm going to go. TSR followed by LSP and I get what I get lol. Again, it's a daily driver with a few door dings and plenty of paint chips on the nose & hood, so I'm not looking for perfection.

Post Thanks / Like

“I get what I get”. That’s a good approach when using AIO’s and finishing polishes. Forcing those products to do a job they’re not intended to do can be a waste of time and product. Not to mention wear and tear on pads.