autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 Step Polish

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1 Step Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    All of these will do the job but with ANY compound or polish except for CarPro Essence or GYEON PRIME you'll have to chemical strip the paint before applying the coating.

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover
    Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
    SONAX EX 04-06
    Menzerna 3800
    McKee's 37 Fast Polish
    Jescar doesn't make a medium cut polish just a compound and a fine cut polish but you can probably get away with the compound if you don't use too sharp of a foam pad
    Optimum Polish II
    GYEON Q2M Polish
    BLACKFIRE SRC Polish

That's off the top of my head...

mike what would be your recommended use. Planning on using orange or white pad.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're seeing a lot of dusting with M205, something is not right. This is perhaps the only product that I have continued to use since day 1 of my "detailing career". It is a low dusting product. The dusty culprit is likely your pads or technique... it is much harder than people realize to clean your pads to the point where there is no residue left in/on them. Any residue left in/on a pad will create dusting.

M205 also has as long or short of a working time as you need it to thanks to SMAT. There is no need to work the product excessively since the abrasives do not break down as you work them. If you can achieve enough cut in 1 pass, then you're done. Also, M205 is extremely versatile. If you need more cut, first try to simply use a more aggressive pad, then if needed, increase the amount of product used to increase the amount of abrasives per given area. M205 works very nicely on Orange or White Lake Country pads.

In any case, some other nice options are Griot's BOSS Correcting Cream or Optimum Hyper Polish.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Like Zach said, M205 is a great 1-step. I don't really reach for it anymore because it's NOT very trim friendly.

HD Polish+ also uses SMAT abrasives and even with an aggressive foam pad generally finishes very well. It also is trim friendly, sun friendly, and smells great. It's HD Speed without the sealants/waxes/silicones which is why it's my favorite 1-step on paints with very minor marring and swirls.

Boss Correcting Cream is unbelievably good but my current bottle has practically turned into water it is so runny. The boss creams are something special and really easy to use BUT unless they are kept in a basement where the temperature is 68-72 degrees and no humidity all the boss polishes and compounds tend to get VERY runny. (Still worth it though)

If I was told I could only have one polish/compound. Scholl Concepts S20 Black would be it. It cut's great with a Rotary and wool. It finishes amazing with DA and a white polishing pad , and is the most incredible 1-step compounds I've ever used with a heavy foam polishing pad.

It's a shame Autogeek stopped carrying the Scholl Concept's line. Even if they could just offer S30+, S20 Black, and S3 Gold XXL. AG sells a ton of compounds and polishes that utilize better abrasive technology than Scholl's, but if you encounter a lot of soft/sticky paints I can't imagine trying to troubleshoot the issue without access to scholl's.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=uhohitsstevo;1528758]I am not looking for all in one. I am just looking for a one step

Sonax EX 04-06

DA-specific version of SONAX Perfect Finish

SONAX EX 04-06 250 ml.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valky View Post
    Rupes UHS, as one step polish with cutting rate at 8 out of 10 and finish so perfect, I never found any other 1 step compound to compete with them. It also a true Zero dust in any situation as well.
    This, and Quarz are fantastic for that application. Menzerna PF2500 as well.

A lot of times I can get away with Rupes Keramik on their yellow microfiber discs.

I've also tried Keramik on the green pads, which is work better than I would have thought. That Keramik is a pretty versatile polish. The cut can be manipulated, and leaves a great finish.

I'll be trying Quarz on yellow foam pad next time the Keramim/yellow foam isn't strong enough, and the yellow microfiber hazes.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna 400
    CarPro Fixer
    Rupes UHS
    Rupes Keramik
    CarPro Essence

Depending on the paint hardness and type of defects most products out there will get the job done, all you will get here is personal preferences.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post

..., all you will get here is personal preferences.
    And almost as varied as favorite beer, music group or color of socks (??). But always a great discussion to see what other's go-to products are for particular situations.

:-)

Post Thanks / Like

1 Step Polish

Like Mike said, be aware of the polishes you choose if you are applying a ceramic coating as an LSP. Gyeon and CarPro make the only polishes you don't need to strip off before applying a ceramic coat.

I had an issue one time with polishing oils interfering with a coating. Like I did, one needs to start all over again if this happens.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uhohitsstevo View Post
    I am not looking for all in one. I am just looking for a one step

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Poorboy's World Pro Polish...good stuff!!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I've been pretty happy with the Blackfire SRC twins. Mike mentioned the polish in his list of recommendations.

Both the polish and the compound are great on hard paints. The compound isn't as aggressive as most compounds and is actually more closely related to a swirl remover. Changing up pads has proven both to be fairly flexible and they both finish down really really nicely. My only complaint is they tend to be a bit oily.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast