autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Solution Finish??

I need something to restore the plastic/vinyl on my vehicle that won't run. Will this product do that?
    Is there another product less expensive that would have similar results?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Solution Finish??

I have had very good luck with it. It is more expensive than some products but it is worth every penny in my experience. Much of what you ask revolves around how long you want mitigating restoration to last. If you plan on retreating every few weeks then many dressings may meet your expectations. If you want longer term improvement, (and even that is temporary), spend the money now and get the good stuff. Do the research, do the cleaning & prep work, take the appropriate safety precautions for yourself and the vehicle in question. YMMV based on the type of plastics/vinyls you are treating. It prefers substrates that are porous and there is a great diversity of materials in a car.

Post Thanks / Like

Solution Finish is a fantastic product. The key to getting great lasting results from any plastic trim restoration product is to make sure the surface is clean. Make sure to follow the instructions.

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff, a little goes a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Order on the way.
    Should I use a sealant on top of it??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Photomask View Post
    I have had very good luck with it. It is more expensive than some products but it is worth every penny in my experience. Much of what you ask revolves around how long you want mitigating restoration to last. If you plan on retreating every few weeks then many dressings may meet your expectations. If you want longer term improvement, (and even that is temporary), spend the money now and get the good stuff. Do the research, do the cleaning & prep work, take the appropriate safety precautions for yourself and the vehicle in question. YMMV based on the type of plastics/vinyls you are treating. It prefers substrates that are porous and there is a great diversity of materials in a car.
    My plastic trims in good shape. If I was to use solution finish on it could I still use trim sealant on top periodically

Post Thanks / Like

Many here have said that topping it greatly increases its longevity. I like its look but without topping it,it lasted about 2 months before it started to fade. I have not had time to do it again & top it. I am going to top with Dlux when I am able to get to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Think of Solutions Finish in terms of restorative application. Putting it on good molding is a waste of time and product. Putting it on deteriorated molding will mitigate the appearance and make it look better. After at least a week of curing is a good time to begin a routine of protective coating to increase the longevity of your restorative efforts. DLUX is one of many good options for a protective coating.

Solutions Finish can be used on plastics that are not black. It will darken lighter colors but in some applications that is desirable. I recently used it on some light gray plastic on the front bumper of a 15 year old Dodge pickup and it darkened more than expected but looked fantastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know where to put these pictures. Not a SF review, just a couple of pictures of freshly-applied Solution Finish. I SF'd my nerf bar plastic before dinner. The steps are about 9 months old with no treatment other washing. 1st picture is SF'd on the right, prepped on the left. 2nd pic is 2 coats on the right, 1 coat on the left. The Forensic Detailing guy on YouTube says appearance and longevity really increase with 2 coats. I certainly agree about the appearance.Solution Finish??-sf1-jpgSolution Finish??-sf2-jpg
    Longevity to be determined though the bed & rear bumper trim look better than the untreated stuff 2 months out.
    Process & Materials
    1. Wash with Meguiars Deep Crystal Shampoo & Chenille MF.
    2. Rinse & blow dry with shop vac.
    3. Clean with Solution Finish Prep at 1:4 dilution and Lake Country scrubbing sponge. Lake Country Precision Power Yellow Scrubbing Applicator
    4, Rinse & blow dry with shop vac.
    5. Apply SF with MF applicator, wait 2 minutes, wipe with cheap Harbor Freight MF towel.
    6. Repeat step 5 after 15 minutes.

Took about 30 minutes to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bicycle View Post
    Thanks guys. Order on the way.
    Should I use a sealant on top of it??
    Quote Originally Posted by Photomask View Post
    Think of Solutions Finish in terms of restorative application. Putting it on good molding is a waste of time and product. Putting it on deteriorated molding will mitigate the appearance and make it look better. After at least a week of curing is a good time to begin a routine of protective coating to increase the longevity of your restorative efforts. DLUX is one of many good options for a protective coating.

Solutions Finish can be used on plastics that are not black. It will darken lighter colors but in some applications that is desirable. I recently used it on some light gray plastic on the front bumper of a 15 year old Dodge pickup and it darkened more than expected but looked fantastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Solution Finish + Dlux = Awesome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast