autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard time choosing a product duo for Pre-Waxing, polishing and waxing/sealing

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which products to use because the ones that I came across all have raving reviews and I just don't know! I want a duo that will give me not only good protection for a Daily Driver but a great shine.

I have a 2017 Black Mustang and I have some sad dealership swirls and minor imperfections. It's not a huge deal - I plan on buying a Porter Cable when I get that money together, but for now I want to either try to alleviate it or even hide it till then. I have a few questions for you all regarding pre-wax cleaners, polish and waxes.

Which Duo would you recommend?

1. The Klasse Duo.

2. Klasse AIO and Collinite 845.

3. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing lotion and Pinnacle Souvarian.

4. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing lotion and Collinite.

5. Anything else, unlisted.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hard time choosing a product duo for Pre-Waxing, polishing and waxing/sealing

Here's another combination for your consideration:

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer (cleaner) + polish/compound paint correction products + Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 (sealant)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hard time choosing a product duo for Pre-Waxing, polishing and waxing/sealing

Quote Originally Posted by CarefulCleaner View Post
    Here's another combination for your consideration:

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer (cleaner) + polish/compound paint correction products + Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 (sealant)
    I'll check the Enhancer thanks! I actually already have the Wolfgang Sealant. Any recommendations for the polish part? I'm afraid to use Megs Ultimate Compound because my car is only 2 months old, maybe too harsh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aajohnny View Post
    I'll check the Enhancer thanks! I actually already have the Wolfgang Sealant. Any recommendations for the polish part? I'm afraid to use Megs Ultimate Compound because my car is only 2 months old, maybe too harsh?

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and ultimate polish are a good option. You can perform a test spot and go from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Since its a new car Polish it using Ultimate polish and seal with Ultimate Fast finish..Or you can apply Ultimate Liquid or paste wax then top it with ultimate fast finish..UFF is really nice product so easy to use and very quick..Cant go wrong with their lineup and available locally..

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if it has light dealership swirlmarks?

Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate Compound and Polish are really great duo..If you cant take out swirl with polish ultimate compound will do..its not that aggressive since its a consumer line product..again do the test spot and if your not satisfied with ultimate polish move up to ultimate compound..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aajohnny View Post
    I will also recommend UC and UP.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax cutmax followed by Sonax 06 polish then netsheild.

Post Thanks / Like

Working by hand for now? I would use Duragloss 501, and be done with it. The 501 contains strong cleaners, and a durable sealant, designed to protect boats from fresh and salt water. It won't remove all the imperfections, but should conceal what isn't removed.

Try some Aquawax to use after you wash it. I was surprised to see how durable that stuff is. Smells great, and is very easy to use.

Once you get the PC, the Ultimate Line, and a set of good pad will take you the rest of the way with swirl removal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast