autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD speed vs Megs D166

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You've gotta be kidding me... Meguiars came out with AIO D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream 10yrs. ago, so it's not as if they just now decided it was a good time to release an AIO.
    Not to mention Meguiars has a long history of its products being so blatantly copied that it's not even funny...

Meguiars Last Touch > 3D Final Touch? Pfft. Getouttahere!
    Quik Interior Detailer > Fast Interior Detailer
    Who was the 1st to make microfiber pads? Meguiars.
    Who changed the game in regards to modern day compounds that finished near lsp ready? Meguiars M105. Every single detailing brand came later with their attempt to match M105.

Get real dude. Meguiars has much bigger fish to fry than 3D.
    Exactly what E2K said, plus, I was using Meguiar's #6 (AIO) back in 1988 and I detailed hundreds of cars with it.

2. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    From my testing mckees 360aio outlasted speed in longevity. It was not as user friendly but to your point of staying power if referring to longevity the McKees has had it beat.
    I'm referring to every category that this product can perform in and do so at top tier levels. But, if you had to rank the category of longevity, I'd rank it last in order of importance. How long does an AIO really need to last? A couple months? Probably for most people and Speed does it easily. But that is really subjective and varies from application to application. So if one AIO lasted 2-3 months, but was easy to work with and produced acceptable consistent results (swirl reduction and gloss enhancement) I wouldn't be apt to reach for another that *might* last longer and could *maybe* cut more if it wasn't perhaps as easy to work with. But hey, that's just me. I look at things from not only a personal use perspective but also with somebody that has a large crew of people that work for me doing the same thing. It's mostly about ease of use and efficiency in that workplace world.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I'm referring to every category that this product can perform in and do so at top tier levels. But, if you had to rank the category of longevity, I'd rank it last in order of importance. How long does an AIO really need to last? A couple months? Probably for most people and Speed does it easily. But that is really subjective and varies from application to application. So if one AIO lasted 2-3 months, but was easy to work with and produced acceptable consistent results (swirl reduction and gloss enhancement) I wouldn't be apt to reach for another that *might* last longer and could *maybe* cut more if it wasn't perhaps as easy to work with. But hey, that's just me. I look at things from not only a personal use perspective but also with somebody that has a large crew of people that work for me doing the same thing. It's mostly about ease of use and efficiency in that workplace world.
    I agree with you and that's why my test are always done outside in direct sunlight in the heat. Myself along with many others don't have the ability to work in AC temp controlled garages. I have no loyalty to any one brand as in my environment I can't. I have to use products from multiple companies that will preform as I need them to in my conditions. For AIOs I have many different brands from groits, Meg's, menz, McKees, and many others and each has it's time and place. I might have to reduce working time for some or reduce working area for others. I've learned how to use each one for my conditions and that's why I state my conditions in my reviews. Speed is a great product and has been on my AIO top 3 for a while now but after using this new Meg's AIO It definitely out preforms speed not only in cut but also in working time, thickness (personal preference) less staining on my pads (common observation with speed users) shine was great, depth is still debating between the two as I haven't been able to really use a good test subject with the new Meg's and longevity still needs time to tell. Overall for only a dollar more then speed and many benefits giving it that much more edge over speed in multiple categories I see no reason not to give it a go and for it to have a home on everyone's shelf. I'll still keep speed in my inventory but for now D166 is clearing a spot to make it my number 1 AIO to reach for.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Makes total sense to me!

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Post Thanks / Like

Wow- I love HD Speed. I just bought a bottle of D166 so I'll be curious how well it works for me and how well it holds up.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

For those without FB

https://youtu.be/vtXCMM7pRa4

https://youtu.be/UdX0M7oLg9g

https://youtu.be/5hoi-sKsSjg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I'm referring to every category that this product can perform in and do so at top tier levels. But, if you had to rank the category of longevity, I'd rank it last in order of importance.
    Could not agree more. In a world where SOWO and SOHO sealants last for weeks or months, why does it really matter?
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread, thanks for doing this OP. I would be interested in further testing on how the two AIOs finish. For me, the most important thing with an AIO is that it finishes like a finishing polish. I'd rather have less cut, great finish, than more cut, mediocre finish (with an AIO). This test addresses the cut part of the equation. I'd love to see the products tested side by side on a car with only light swirling and see how the two finish out. Might not be able to capture that on camera so well though, so that might be an issue. Anyway, the M166 looks great so far, thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Part 4
    https://youtu.be/b5GWV_GAYNI

Part 5
    https://youtu.be/H_TYBUB0bnM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Well it was done, not the best and in 3 parts unfortunately but it was done

HD speed
    Nothing surprising here, did what it always does, cuts decent, wipes away easy (except for the first video) can be used in direct sunlight and left with no wipe off issues.

Meguairs D166
    Wow.. I'm impressed, not only did it cut better but it breaks down thin wipes off extremely easily and and and it did great in the hot direct sunlight. Remember it was 111° degrees out, my phone overheated to the point I had to place a fan on it and the products sat and baked for over 10 mins. This is definitely a product that is going to switch alot of users and I think at this moment, it's for the better. Now we have to see how well it holds up

Part 1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Auto...2184852583452/

Part 2

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Auto...2190629249541/

Part 3

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Auto...2193325915938/

Where can you get it right now?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast