autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD speed vs Megs D166

[QUOTE=MikeC78;1523840]I love competition. With that said, doesn't say much for Meguire's coming out with a similar product. 3D HD Speed blew up and now the big dogs want a piece of the pie. 3D set a presidence and shook/rattled the detailing world. I'll stick to what I know works great, and that is HD Speed and Polish. Some of the easiest, cost effective products, I've had the luxuries of using. Thanks again 3D and keep up the good work! Capitalism at its finest...

Btw, yes, I am a 3D fanboy. [/QUOTE

I have to respectfully disagree with you here. The way I see it is that 166 is a cleaner wax(or as we call it an AIO). 166 may me the latest and greatest refinement of an AIO product. HD speed is an modern AIO product also that's works rather well. But I'm pretty sure 3D didn't invent the AIO. I recall Megs having multiple AIO products on the market before 3D was even born.

Tha way I see it is that 166 is the latest version of an AIO and not trying to copy or take down HD Speed.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with you here. The way I see it is that 166 is a cleaner wax(or as we call it an AIO). 166 may me the latest and greatest refinement of an AIO product. HD speed is an modern AIO product also that's works rather well. But I'm pretty sure 3D didn't invent the AIO. I recall Megs having multiple AIO products on the market before 3D was even born.

Tha way I see it is that 166 is the latest version of an AIO and not trying to copy or take down HD Speed.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Don't put words in my mouth now.... I never said "3D invented anything". 3D refined an AIO like nobody has done before and therefore the competition did too. Hence, the reason Meg's came out with a similar like compound to compete.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used D166 yet but like the other guy said HD Speed works the best out of any AIO product that I have used and I have used prolly 75% of them Menzerna 3in1 sits right underneath HD Speed because Its correction ability isn't as quick an easy as HD Speed, any knuckle head can grab a buffer an pad and throw some HD Speed on it and make a vehicle look immaculate and that's gonna be a hard product to beat but I'm a huge fan of Meg's products And use them on a daily basis but competing with HD Speed is going to be a tuff egg to crack.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Dr Oldz;1523846]
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    I love competition. With that said, doesn't say much for Meguire's coming out with a similar product. 3D HD Speed blew up and now the big dogs want a piece of the pie. 3D set a presidence and shook/rattled the detailing world. I'll stick to what I know works great, and that is HD Speed and Polish. Some of the easiest, cost effective products, I've had the luxuries of using. Thanks again 3D and keep up the good work! Capitalism at its finest...

Btw, yes, I am a 3D fanboy. [/QUOTE

Hasn't Klasse' AIO been around since 1776 or earlier?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Route246;1523857]

Sorry, I was off by a few hundred years. 1979.

http://www.klasseusa.com/kalsse-all-in-one.html

7. Likes MrQ liked this post
    Newbie Member DirtyDetailingLLC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Route246;1523857]

I think i heard a bald eagle outside my window when i read this LOL

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Route246;1523857]

Again, I never said 3D reinvented the wheel or an AIO. If you're comparing Klasse's AIO to HD Speed, than you might be stuck in the Stone Age. 3D clearly refined products and made them better. Just like any other product out there, to include coatings, there are many different competitors and they all push the envelope compared to the earlier years.

Post Thanks / Like

Why are the last 3 post quoting me?
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=MikeC78;1523861]
    Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post

Again, I never said 3D reinvented the wheel or an AIO. If you're comparing Klasse's AIO to HD Speed, than you might be stuck in the Stone Age. 3D clearly refined products and made them better. Just like any other product out there, to include coatings, there are many different competitors and they all push the envelope compared to the earlier years.
    I have no love lost for Klasse. I have written plenty of less-than-complimentary comments about Klasse in general here but put a muzzle on myself when it started going negative and contentious. I have two bottles I can't give away now to fellow detailer hobbyists in my area. They all know the reputation and want nothing to do this this antiquated product line. There are far better modern products out there.

You said it, I didn't, but I agree very strongly with your characterization, "...you might be stuck in the Stone Age..."

Regarding 3D, I have no opinion as I am satisfied with 360 and plenty of supply with no reason to try something new. I have no doubt it is a competent product and would never turn it down if someone offered it to me. That would be foolish on my part.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast