autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD speed vs Megs D166

Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81 View Post
    Looks like a winner. Let it cure and top it with UPW or Collinite for even more durability!
    Well this is supposed to last as long or longer then I think m20 so I don't see a reason to top it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle on the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse Mike View Post
    Sounds like 3D should be getting a bit nervous! Can not wait to try it out!!

Mike
    Sounds like to me when you set the bar high like 3D did it takes time for the competition to meet the bar or exceed it. Me I'll stick with Speed unless someone wants to send me this for free to try, same as McKee's 37 AIO never bought it never will.

When you have the other guys product to take apart in your mutli million dollar lab and clone it or try to better it it's not saying much. Lest all of you not forget 3M owns Meguiars.

My money and kudos stand with the little guy. 3D HD not Minnesota Minining and Manufacturing, aka 3M.

Hardly fair to little 3D in California:

The 3M Company, formerly known as the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company, is an American multinational conglomerate corporation based in Maplewood, Minnesota, a suburb of St. Paul.[2]

With $30 billion in annual sales, 3M employs 88,000 people worldwide and produces more than 55,000 products, including: adhesives, abrasives, laminates, passive fire protection, personal protective equipment, dental and orthodontic products, electronic materials, medical products, car-care products (sun films, polish, wax, car shampoo, treatment for the exterior, interior and the under chassis rust protection),[3] electronic circuits, healthcare software and optical films.[4] 3M has operations in more than 65 countries including 29 international companies with manufacturing operations and 35 companies with laboratories. 3M products are available for purchase through distributors and retailers, and online directly from the company.

So Meg on and I'll stick with my 3d HD Care Care.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

4. Dislikes kevinkunkle disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Sounds like to me when you set the bar high like 3D did it takes time for the competition to meet the bar or exceed it. Me I'll stick with Speed unless someone wants to send me this for free to try, same as McKee's 37 AIO never bought it never will.
    I have samples of 360 I can send u. Idk if I'd say the bar was high with speed, it was easy to work with and u had good results bit 151 always cut better it only lacked on longevity over speed

Post Thanks / Like

Keep em, not interested.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

HD speed vs Megs D166

Nice review.

I'm glad Meguiar's came out with this and is a competitor to HD Speed. I never bought into HD Speed and I never will. Was turned off by 3D long ago.

By the way you can actually take these videos and upload them to YouTube.

8. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice review.

I'm glad Meguiar's came out with this and is a competitor to HD Speed. I never bought into HD Speed and I never will. Was turned off by 3D long ago.

Learn me

Post Thanks / Like

When you have the other guys product to take apart in your mutli million dollar lab and clone it or try to better it it's not saying much. Lest all of you not forget 3M owns Meguiars.

My money and kudos stand with the little guy. 3D HD not Minnesota Minining and Manufacturing, aka 3M.

The 3M Company, formerly known as the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company, is an American multinational conglomerate corporation based in Maplewood, Minnesota, a suburb of St. Paul.[2]

With $30 billion in annual sales, 3M employs 88,000 people worldwide and produces more than 55,000 products, including: adhesives, abrasives, laminates, passive fire protection, personal protective equipment, dental and orthodontic products, electronic materials, medical products, car-care products (sun films, polish, wax, car shampoo, treatment for the exterior, interior and the under chassis rust protection),[3] electronic circuits, healthcare software and optical films.[4] 3M has operations in more than 65 countries including 29 international companies with manufacturing operations and 35 companies with laboratories. 3M products are available for purchase through distributors and retailers, and online directly from the company.

I get what you're saying. I'm all about supporting the little guy but not at the expense of using an inferior product. Not saying speed is inferior, I just wouldn't blame someone for moving on if they found something better. Would you rather have your car (or a customers) look better and/or protected longer, or the satisfaction of saying you're using a product from a smaller company? Competition in the market is good for us. Without it we'd all be using the same stuff people did 50 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice review.

Mind me asking why? Just curious what turned you off about 3D

Did you not buy into the fact that HD Speed was easy to wipe off...or did you not buy into the fact that it was easy to use? What was it? Please elaborate

Post Thanks / Like

Clearly, you're a 3D fanboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast