autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for Clear Bumper Film/Wrap Dealers in Boston Area

After recently buying a new Honda Accord and googling "Honda soft paint" and seeing a chip or two already, I am mortified and sorry I did not research this before car buying. I am interested in getting info on a clear bumper/hood etc. wrap in the Boston area. Any recommendations? Preferably not from yourself but from a peer. I am not loaded with money, so I'm not looking for an exotic package. I have a Sport SE model which has a lots of sculpting and stuff in the front bumper.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for Clear Bumper Film/Wrap Dealers in Boston Area

Hi CharlesTek, former Boston/NH native here... So my recommendation is to find a dealer that is recommended by the product. Meaning, I looked on Suntek Ultra website and did a zip code search. It's probably best to get a recommendation of an authorized installer from the manufacturer.

https://www.suntekfilms.com/distributors/DealerZip.aspx

The three leading brands are:
    Suntek Ultra
    Expel
    3M Clearbra

Regarding your budget:
    Here is my experience... I went with a $350.00 install on one Mustang... It was not a full frontal, it has stretch marks, improper cuts, bad template layout for the bumper cover and didn't cover the lights or mirrors... Ok, so that has to be ripped off and redone. I have no idea of the brand. It's awful and the install was very bad.

On Mustang #2, I spend well into 4 figures on Mustang #2 and went with Suntek Ultra with a reputable vendor. I had a full frontal done and I cannot see one seem. People are shocked that there is clear bra on Mustang #2. The job was superb, the product is excellent. Sunteck is self-healing with a built-in coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul,

Thanks for the excellent idea. I understand what you are saying with budget. It sounds like you are saying the going rate for a quality product and quality installer is well over $1k. The problem with the Boston area is that there are too many rich people which can inflate the price since there are so many people willing to pay a top rate with far more expensive cars. Maybe I should look at NH listings as well.
    And probably no one is going to mention what problems may happen if you have to remove a poor (or maybe good) product. I would think the material would get fused on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlestek View Post
    Paul,

Thanks for the excellent idea. I understand what you are saying with budget. It sounds like you are saying the going rate for a quality product and quality installer is well over $1k. The problem with the Boston area is that there are too many rich people which can inflate the price since there are so many people willing to pay a top rate with far more expensive cars. Maybe I should look at NH listings as well.

What I was saying is that you get what you pay for and do your homework. Research the product that you want, (Expel, Suntek, etc...) reach out to them directly and find one of their preferred authorized dealers/installers. There is a reason why they are on the list of authorized installers from the direct manufacturer. Many referrals such as that comes with the installer being "certified" to install the product and back the warranty.

I think you will find that quality installers will be competitive in pricing. I'm sure it's the overhead of the shop, cost of the materials, the price to be paid for craftsmanship, those that value themselves and the work they do, and the warranty that goes along with it that drives the price of anything. Not rich people in Boston.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll suggest going with
    XPEL's Ultimate PPF:

It is self-healing; and has
    a 10 year warranty.

XPEL Clear Bra Locator - United States-Massachusetts-Boston

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

second the xpel ultimate. I've used it on previous cars and just installed on my new car.

Post Thanks / Like

Funx and Ellen's, thanks for the recommendation.