autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax VS Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax???

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax vs McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax

Is this a good comparison? Personal preference? Whats/is there a difference?

Ive been using the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax on my cars,boat etc. Ive been pretty happy with it, But if the McKee's is better wouldn't mine switching over.

I know on the Pinnacle on my boat when I run it, Where the water runs across sides, etc. it wears off the wax,,, but that's norm with all wax's ive used over the years.

What is your experience with these or other wax's?

Thanks

Rob

McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax VS Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax???-2796-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax VS Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax???

I like the Souveran Liquid wax, however, I have never used McKee's. My guess it would be great too! I say you can't go wrong with either. BTW, can't tell by your signature...AR15? AK47? Either way cool pic!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

•Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax:
    -An LSP (Finishing Wax), that
    contains no abrasives.

•McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax:
    -An LSP product, that also contains
    micro-abrasives to "jewel" the paint.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Mike Phillips

Totally different products

Bob's description below is dead-on accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

•Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax:

-An LSP (Finishing Wax), that contains no abrasives.

•McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax:

-An LSP product, that also contains micro-abrasives to "jewel" the paint.

Bob

The Pinnacle product would ONLY be for paint in PERFECT condition.

The McKee's Jeweling Wax can be used as a LIGHT cleaner/wax that creates a show car finish (Note most cleaner/waxes don't do this, think Nu Finish), or as a very light cutting "maintenance wax".

Both are great products but very different products.

Post Thanks / Like

you can use this on both cars and boats and it cleans very well and offers protection too...

Duragloss Marine RV Polish #501

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 View Post
    Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax vs McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax

Is this a good comparison? Personal preference? Whats/is there a difference?

Ive been using the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax on my cars,boat etc. Ive been pretty happy with it, But if the McKee's is better wouldn't mine switching over.

I know on the Pinnacle on my boat when I run it, Where the water runs across sides, etc. it wears off the wax,,, but that's norm with all wax's ive used over the years.

What is your experience with these or other wax's?

Thanks

Rob

McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax VS Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax???-2796-jpg
    Sovereign is a topper jewel wax is for jeweling the paint with a machine.Sovereign is a great topper wax for show cars or if you want a warm deep gloss without the fuss of streaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!! I didn't catch the McKee having the micro-abrasives. Would the McKee be the same or close to the klasse all in one???

Ive been using the Klasse on smaller stuff by hand. I Haven't figured out how to apply it with a machine yet,when I tried it,it dried to a crust w/ the Flex.

I might be better off using the Mckee, as my paint is not perfect, Do You think I would get a better shine/gloss over the Pinnacle?

Thanks for all the help

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I like the Souveran Liquid wax, however, I have never used McKee's. My guess it would be great too! I say you can't go wrong with either. BTW, can't tell by your signature...AR15? AK47? Either way cool pic!

Thanks it a lot of fun, but burns thru ammo. Its a old Colt sp1 fullauto, Ive got a few vids on youtube,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWD7OZwQMMg

Rob

Mike Phillips

Would the McKee be the same or close to the klasse all in one???

No. It would be NOTHING like Klasse AIO

Klasee AIO is a chemical cleaner only. It cannot by itself remove paint i.e remove defects via a leveling process.

I might be better off using the Mckee, as my paint is not perfect, Do You think I would get a better shine/gloss over the Pinnacle?

Thanks for all the help

Rob

I was actually key to bringing this product to the McKee's line of products before Bob McKee sold Autogeek and then kept his own name brand products, McKee's 37 and McKee's RV.

I also created what is now a new category of products,

Jeweling Waxes

The McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax is basically a cleaner/wax or if like the letters AIO then feel free to call it an AIO but Cleaner/Wax and AIO are the EXACT same category or products just different words.

There are other cleaner/waxes on the market that work like a jeweling wax but I don't think ALL cleaner/waxes are jeweling waxes.

Some cool info here about what we did with this product on our TV show...

Jeweling Wax - Definition --> Post #40

And like I wrote in the above post, Nu Finish is a cleaner/wax or AIO and it could never jewel paint to perfection to take BEST PAINT on a candy paint job on a 1940 Ford Coupe.

I'd recommend getting some, it's a great product. If I remember it didn't dry super fast so it stayed wet on the surface and this can make wipe off a tick more difficult as compared to most waxes that dry to haze but it's also possible Nick over at McKee's 37 could have had this formula tweaked because I gave him this feedback probably about a year ago or so...

Mike Phillips

Good enough for Wayne Carini... good enough for most of us....

How to jewel paint with McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax and a Porter Cable 7424XP

Note how many pads I used for this car?

Nu Finish can't do this....

One of the things I've been doing now for a couple of years is TAKE PICTURES of how many pads I use for a project.

Why?

Because most people don't understand how many pads it takes to do a job right.

Most people try to buff out entire cars with 2-3 pads and then wonder why their pads don't last very long. So I do my part to EDUCATE with pictures.

Now follow me...

With a FINISHING WAX like the Pinnacle Souveran or a FINISHING SEALANT like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, you would only need ONE pad to go over a car as HUGE as this because when using a finishing wax or a finishing sealant you're SUPPOSED to be applying the product to perfect paint. That is paint that doesn't need any "polishing" i.e. abrading.

BUT - when using a cleaner/wax or in this example, a jeweling wax, PART of what I'm doing is "cleaning" or abrading the finish. When using this type of product and doing this type of work you are WORKING the product, not merely spreading it out over the surface and thus you're going to saturate your pads with product BECAUSE you're supposed to be doing SECTION PASSES, not merely gliding a pad over the surface.

So here's a sales pitch, something I don't actually do - buy lots of pads

I teach all of his in my classes by the way. I point this out because,

A: Some people don't grasp just how much detailed information I share by doing a brain dump in my classes.

B: Not all classes are the same. I know there are no other classes like a class I teach. This is what I do. Educate.

Anyway, in the car detailing world, any brand that wants to be a PLAYER should have 2 cleaner/waxes in their arsenal.

1: Medium Cut Cleaner/Wax for doing high quality production detailing.

2: Jeweling Wax for when you don't need to do heavy correction but you do need light correction and if the product makes the paint look like a polished gemstone at the same time then that's a bonus.

Note: Often times when I use the word WAX it's in the generic form meaning the protection ingredients, not specifically a waxy substance. Most cleaner/waxes use a combination of protection ingredients and are what are called, blended waxes or blended sealants. (I have an article on this topic somewhere)

While I do pick and chose EVERY word I type on a pubic forum or touch point specifically and purposefully, sometimes the word itself is intended to be generic. It's a practice I developed and honed as a veteran of the NXT versus Zaino Wax Wars.

So every employee of every wax company that reads this into the future, here's a little marketing tidbit I just shared with you for free. (Your welcome)

And please... try to find the above kind of information explained in a way that ties the big picture together and makes sense on any Facebook Group. -->

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast