autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Small dirt in Wookie's fist: worth cleaning?

After using the Wookie's Fist I go through it and check for anything trapped in the fibers. Usually all I find is some small flecks of dirt deep in the mitt (which means the Grit Guard and the mitt are both doing their job).

Since the Wookie's fist is so thick though, finding and picking out these small flecks is time consuming. I also don't know if picking them out is worth it since I don't think the deeper parts of the mitt come into contact with the paint when washing.

So the question is whether picking out small things like flecks of dirt from the Wookie's fist is worth it, or if I should just leave them (but then they might build up over time...), or consider switching to a different mitt (I'm happy with the cleaning ability of the Wookie fist, though, and don't mind the drying time).

The dirt flecks I'm talking about are too small for combing the mitt to remove.

Also, It's not like I'm finding a ton of dirt in the mitt, 3-5 flecks of dirt per wash.
    Last edited by vaced; 08-22-2017 at 11:44 AM. Reason: clarify how much flecks I find

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Small dirt in Wookie's fist: worth cleaning?

Definitely worth it. That's why you spent $50 on the Wookie's Fist.

I use a pet brush on mine. The pet brush gets dirt out. Rinse very thoroughly and let air dry. After drying, when it looks like a sheepdog, I use the pet brush to get it back to looking like a Wookie. Don't use a pet brush on it wet and dont put it back in the bag wet or the skin inside will mold.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always toyed with the idea of getting one of these. Are they machine washable? I like to throw my mitts in with my micro fibers when I wash them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cleankat View Post
    I've always toyed with the idea of getting one of these. Are they machine washable? I like to throw my mitts in with my micro fibers when I wash them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Absolutely not. This is actual sheepskin, with the wool fur still attached. It requires the utmost care as it is natural material.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

I also comb mine b4 each use. After doing this a few times, it becomes much easier. I have my Wookies Fist about 8 years and it's still going strong with some care. These are truly and awesome wash mitt!!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    Definitely worth it. That's why you spent $50 on the Wookie's Fist.

I use a pet brush on mine. The pet brush gets dirt out. Rinse very thoroughly and let air dry. After drying, when it looks like a sheepdog, I use the pet brush to get it back to looking like a Wookie. Don't use a pet brush on it wet and dont put it back in the bag wet or the skin inside will mold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I also comb mine b4 each use. After doing this a few times, it becomes much easier. I have my Wookies Fist about 8 years and it's still going strong with some care. These are truly and awesome wash mitt!!
    Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

i use a small metal brush like this (teeth a little further apart so they don't snag on whatever you're brushing) to lightly brush/comb over my microfiber mitts once they have fully dried. for the cost of that mitt, i would definitely take care of it so it will last a long time...