autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Updates on the goings on WAY down South.

Hey team, here is a quick update on the happenings down here in New Zealand. In case you need a catch up on where we're at - here is the link to the original post & again, I will throw some pictures in amongst things to have something to look at.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...own-south.html

So from where I left off the shop continues to be busy & although being busy is fantastic because the bills get paid & it's pretty neat to be in demand for our services, it also means precious time spent away from family. Four & a half days off in the last thirty nine isn't a good work/life ratio but I'm working on a solution to that. Staff! Yep, after a long battle in my mind, & my Wifes mind too we have endured the interview process after advertising a position for an entry level detailer, & we believe we have found the right man for the job.

Some polishing work getting done on a Ford Falcon. Completely changed the colour, great fun, great results.

Some crazy CarPro IronX bleeding on a New (white) Ford Escape . . . cherry scent . . . yeah right. Does the trick though.

So our new team member is pretty green but certainly a "car guy" that seems very keen to learn & appears to have his head in the right place. Being that he is only seventeen I do have to keep reminding myself that he is in fact - only seventeen. He is scheduled to start work for us on September the 4th, & although we wont be in the new shop by then we will be able to squeeze him in & start this new chapter in both of our lives. I will encourage him to join us here on Autogeek Online, & hopefully use it to my benefit as an extra teaching tool.

A Mustang in for a maintainance detail, CQuartz Finest clearly working it's magic here. Silly thing has all the go go bits on the passenger side!? I like this car, I like that it's a manual & as annoying as it is when you hop in the wrong side to drive it, it's pretty cool driving a left hook car too. Super tidy example. Looking forward to having more space when we move & being a fresh new space will be nice.

Being that I am a board member of the New Zealand Chapter of the IDA, I am keen to have my staff sign up to be upstanding members of the IDA & will encourage them to look towards being Certified Detailers in the future. On that note, the NZ Chapter is moving slowly at the moment, & as in many organisations we have some sorting out to do but I remain positive we can grow to have a strong following in our little part of the world.

A super nice Triumph Stag at the shop for some paint refinement for an up coming charity car show.

A pretty cool 1955 Studebaker Transtar truck also recieving the love required to make it really shine for the show.

On other fronts - my Dr ColorChip commercial kit has been working well for me. I have been super impressed with the results to date, & I noticed that Mike is using the Dr ColorChip system in his classes now too which is pretty cool. I even had a 1988 Toyota Corona in for some Details loving last week & the client asked if I could touch up a couple of bigger scratches. The Dr ColorChip commercial kit had a perfect match for the almost thirty year old car! Well pleased, props to Dr ColorChip!

Right, so here is a picture taken today of the progress on the new shop build. It is moving along nicely but as with anything that you are waiting on, it appears to drag on for ages. I have been on site a couple of times & the sheer size of the place when standing in there is bigger than I had expected but comforting that I shouldn't run out of room. I am super excited to being able to offer a small high quality range of car care products too seeing that we have ample space for a retail section. I have some great suppliers lined up for this & although nothing like it has been tried in our small town before, I'm confident we can make it worthwhile. In the picture the frame work is the toilet down the far end, the store room & closest to the front is the office/staff room. In front of this will be our reception area & retail store.

Coming along nicely -

So that is my update for now. Hopefully next time I update ya'll, I'll have pictures of the floor being layed, painting, or asphalting or the finished shop. In the mean time - thank you all for looking & here is a parting picture of my wee man Benjamin cruising along in his Kombi.

Yes, I am jealous & a bit annoyed that I wont fit in it . . . I certainly cannot afford a real one any more.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Updates on the goings on WAY down South.

You are killing it Aaryn, that first pic on the silver car 50/50 is jaw dropping. The rest look fantastic however I favor the purple truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    You are killing it Aaryn, that first pic on the silver car 50/50 is jaw dropping. The rest look fantastic however I favor the purple truck.

Thank you Hammer77.

Yeah, the Studebaker truck is pretty cool - it could certainly do with power steering though . . . or I need to eat more breakfast.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Aaryn! Busy is a good thing when you're self employed, keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good buddy. I can only imagine how hard it is juggling it all, but I know you've got a good team backing you up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Way to go Aaryn! Busy is a good thing when you're self employed, keep up the good work!

Thanks Paul.

Yeah mate, busy is good although I could do with a little less stress at the moment. Soon, it'll settle down soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Looking good buddy. I can only imagine how hard it is juggling it all, but I know you've got a good team backing you up.

Thank you Don.

I got a team of All Stars around me my brother thats for sure. Thanks for being on the team mate. The shop is looking pretty good huh? Got a space set aside for you too bro.

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy for you now that things are going favorably in your direction. I look forward to everything you post and await the new building almost as much as you do. I do hope the young lad proves himself and works out as a trusted assistant......you need a break.

The first picture is quite striking, what a phenomenal difference!!!!
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Like Rick, I'm also almost as excited as you for the new shop! You do phenomenal work and your passion comes through loud and clear in every post here.

Best of luck, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

The 50/50 on that Falcon is amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a gray car with that significant change in color. The swirls must have been horrific.

I'm really curious about the Fiesta. How could a brand new car have that much iron imbedded in the paint? I think that picture takes the cake when it comes to showing the bleeding effect for those types of products.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Your ongoing updates, the cool rides, and most importantly your success are so very cool to read about, Aaryn!!!

I'm proud of you, man. You are really headed upward!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast