autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mf lint left on windshield

I hate windows. But they've got to be cleaned. Now two things, I did the inside of my windshield using a yellow microfiber and when I was done there were tons of little lint specs everywhere. How does one go about removing them? I tried with newspaper immediately after and nothing. Secondly, I use stoners invisible glass for windows... lately I've been noticing a haze which I can get to go away. Any significance for this? But the lint is my main priority. It literally doesn't move and yes it is on the inside. Thanks. And btw my white waffle weave window towels just came in which I used to detail a hellcat yesterday. Came out fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mf lint left on windshield

This happens to me occasionally. Seems to be with just a few rags. It can be a pain to get off! I have to grab a different one and do them over again. Just repeat until I get a good result. Usually the occasional lint is the only snag, other then that my process seems to be pretty full proof. Same as you, Stoners with a WW towel and buffed with a MF towel. I notice the haze sometimes comes in when the can of cleaner is getting low. The aerosol leaves the residue for some reason, I notice that if I don't prime the Stoner's, the initial burst will leave this residue also. I usually spray a shot onto the WW towel to help with this.

We feel your pain, windows can be a pain sometimes, and yes, they must be clean. If you detail a customers car but don't get the windshield right, mind as well not detailed the car hahaha. What's the first thing one notices? A dirty, and or clean windshield.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I don't touch glass with regular towels anymore.

I only use diamond weave glass towels.

I also use a squeegee for the majority of the glass and then clean up drips with the diamond weave. No fibers, no streaks.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Are those the Costco yellow devils?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrick87 View Post
    I hate windows. But they've got to be cleaned. Now two things, I did the inside of my windshield using a yellow microfiber and when I was done there were tons of little lint specs everywhere. How does one go about removing them? I tried with newspaper immediately after and nothing. Secondly, I use stoners invisible glass for windows... lately I've been noticing a haze which I can get to go away. Any significance for this? But the lint is my main priority. It literally doesn't move and yes it is on the inside. Thanks. And btw my white waffle weave window towels just came in which I used to detail a hellcat yesterday. Came out fine.
    What brand? Are you washing these by themselves? Quality MF will not shed lint. It should never happen. Try using tape (scotch tape, masking tape, duct tape, etc.) and see if it picks up any lint from your towels. If it does it is either your washing process or the brand of towel you are using.

The haze is probably caused by contaminates on the towel itself. Stoner should yield crystal-clear results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    What brand? Are you washing these by themselves? Quality MF will not shed lint. It should never happen. Try using tape (scotch tape, masking tape, duct tape, etc.) and see if it picks up any lint from your towels. If it does it is either your washing process or the brand of towel you are using.

The haze is probably caused by contaminates on the towel itself. Stoner should yield crystal-clear results.
    Even quality towels will lint a little. I have the famous TRC Eagles, Everests, etc and even those lint. Only diamond weave glass towels don't lint.

Also, if you don't clean out the lint trap on the dryer very well before drying microfibers, you will blow lint from cotton clothing all over the microfibers.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

^^Found this one out the hard way about 4 years ago^^

Wasn't horrible, but it was there.

Nice tip, Kirk.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    Even quality towels will lint a little. I have the famous TRC Eagles, Everests, etc and even those lint. Only diamond weave glass towels don't lint.

Also, if you don't clean out the lint trap on the dryer very well before drying microfibers, you will blow lint from cotton clothing all over the microfibers.
    I have never seen the 2nd generation Kirkland MF shed any lint. The first generation didn't either but were a little thinner and symmetric. The 2nd generation are asymmetric and the plush side is very soft and never sheds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Are those the Costco yellow devils?
    Negative, chemical guys yellow MFs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post

This is what I am using. I wash them by themselves. I am wondering if some lint from the dryer screen got loose or the towel is breaking down. I have had them for 3 years. Would wash with Tide but the last time around I washed with a MF detergent and thats when I noticed the lint.
    Chemical Guys - Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towel with Silk Edges, Gold 24" x 16" (3 Pack)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast