autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Favorite Waterless Wash

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • McKee's 37 N-914

39 27.08%
  • Optimum Opti Clean

28 19.44%
  • Griots Waterless Spray-On Car Wash

5 3.47%
  • McKee's 37 Waterless Wash

12 8.33%
  • Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+

57 39.58%
  • Chemical Guys EcoSmart

4 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Waterless Wash

I love Blackfire waterless wash. I use mostly Meguiar's products including their Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere occasionally, which is very good, but the slickness and gloss on the Blackfire is unmatched from what I've used.

2. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DasTurboWagen View Post
    I love Blackfire waterless wash. I use mostly Meguiar's products including their Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere occasionally, which is very good, but the slickness and gloss on the Blackfire is unmatched from what I've used.
    Agreed it’s definitely top notch stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes DasTurboWagen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Started using Ultima. I think I was expecting amazing things from it, based on everyone liking it.

Blackfire's is pretty good. It seems to make metallic paint pop a bit more.
    How was your experience with ultima? Is this the same WW that can be used as rinseless? Or is this the one with acrylic?

6. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AKT View Post
    How was your experience with ultima? Is this the same WW that can be used as rinseless? Or is this the one with acrylic?
    I like it just fine. The owner of the vehicle I'm maintaining with it is VERY happy with it.

It's the one that can be diluted for WW as well as for rinseless. I'm using both dilutions for the car noted above. It is NOT the version with the acrylic. I do have Ultima Acrylic Spray wax that I'll use maybe once a month, just to aid in protection on that particular car.

It has a pleasant scent. I like the color of it, in both dilutions (in a bucket, or in the 24oz spray bottle I keep the WW in). It cleans well. The WW leaves a nice, smooth feel that I don't remember getting with ONR (used to be my go-to for a couple of years).

edit:​ Oh, and to show how much I like it, I'll be buying more down the line.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it just fine. The owner of the vehicle I'm maintaining with it is VERY happy with it.

It's the one that can be diluted for WW as well as for rinseless. I'm using both dilutions for the car noted above. It is NOT the version with the acrylic. I do have Ultima Acrylic Spray wax that I'll use maybe once a month, just to aid in protection on that particular car.

It has a pleasant scent. I like the color of it, in both dilutions (in a bucket, or in the 24oz spray bottle I keep the WW in). It cleans well. The WW leaves a nice, smooth feel that I don't remember getting with ONR (used to be my go-to for a couple of years).
    I have like 3/4 gallon left of ONRWW. I like the shine left behind after washing, but is not as slick as let’s say, Meguiars UWWA.

Does this Ultima has “wax” component?

Post Thanks / Like

I have like 3/4 gallon left of ONRWW. I like the shine left behind after washing, but is not as slick as let’s say, Meguiars UWWA.

Does this Ultima has “wax” component?
    I believe it does have some "wax" component. With the Blackfire WW and the Ultima WW, I find that as I keep "drying" after a few wipes, the smoothness comes alive. So it's like I dry, then final buff, to get that slick feeling.

I had several 32oz bottles of ONR and it took some time to get down to where I am with it. Sold off a bottle with some other OPT products. Used ONR heavily as a clay lube, etc. Gave some samples away. hehe. I really wanted to try Ultima. ONR is fine enough and I still like it. It's great value. I'm sure I'll always have some around.

Part of what I'm doing, though, is keeping one car maintained with Ultima products and another car with Blackfire products. I'm looking at an overall long-term user experience. So far, BOTH are wonderful products.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it does have some "wax" component. With the Blackfire WW and the Ultima WW, I find that as I keep "drying" after a few wipes, the smoothness comes alive. So it's like I dry, then final buff, to get that slick feeling.

I had several 32oz bottles of ONR and it took some time to get down to where I am with it. Sold off a bottle with some other OPT products. Used ONR heavily as a clay lube, etc. Gave some samples away. hehe. I really wanted to try Ultima. ONR is fine enough and I still like it. It's great value. I'm sure I'll always have some around.

Part of what I'm doing, though, is keeping one car maintained with Ultima products and another car with Blackfire products. I'm looking at an overall long-term user experience. So far, BOTH are wonderful products.
    I would like to try out both ultima and BF lines. I liked BF one step so much. But not yet... not yet.... Favorite Waterless Wash

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to try out both ultima and BF lines. I liked BF one step so much. But not yet... not yet.... Favorite Waterless Wash
    What the hell does that mean?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    What the hell does that mean?
    I still have a lot of products so i will NOT YET try other product lines. I hope that clarifies.

Post Thanks / Like

Its simple...CarPro Echo, makes both a great rinseless as well as waterless, not even close IMO. The way the paint looks afterwards is VERY noticeable!!

Even though I made my call here McKee's N914 is a must have, I'd actually say it's a better waterless wash because of how it CLEANS, pure finish left behind!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes VISITOR, Breese147 liked this post
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast