autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's BOSS fast correcting cream/paint correction questions.

I have a TorqX put away on a shelf and want to get back into trying to find the correct combination of pads and polishes for paint correction. I currently have a black 2016 mustang, and there are some parts that have spider webbing scratches and other smaller sections that have light swirling. I took a shot at it with the Chemical Guys compounds and pads but they weren't finishing down good at all. All I got from them was micro marring and just gave up in the paint correction process. I have seen results with the Griot's BOSS fast correcting cream on black paint online and I'm blown away at the finish it gives. Mike Phillips sent me a link on what pads would work best with the polisher I have but I lost the link. If any of you guys are able to find that article and send it to me it would be greatly appreciated. Also, what advice/experience do you guys have with the BOSS fast correction cream/pad combo?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's BOSS fast correcting cream/paint correction questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Well depending on how soft the paint is fast correcting cream will still haze depending on pad choice. I love fast correcting with the BOSS microfiber cutting pads but that is an agressive pad. If your looking for more of a one step using fast correcting cream try a Rupes yellow pad. But most likely you will need to finish it up with a fine finishing polish. Something like hyper polish, Menzerna sf3800, Rupes diamond finishing polish.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

I just used fcc using my Griot's 6" DA polisher with the orange pad that came with it. Worked like a charm. Granted my car is non-metallic white, and I'm not looking for perfection, but I went from swirled as sh*t to pretty clean in one step. Just corrected and sealed. I think the stuff is amazing.

5. Likes Artdnj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
    I just used fcc using my Griot's 6" DA polisher with the orange pad that came with it. Worked like a charm. Granted my car is non-metallic white, and I'm not looking for perfection, but I went from swirled as sh*t to pretty clean in one step. Just corrected and sealed. I think the stuff is amazing.
    It's excellent stuff huh? Griot's BOSS fast correcting cream/paint correction questions.
    I usually experience the same great results on white factory paint, except I always start with Correcting Cream as a test spot 1st. Usually results in 80-90% correction and finishes lsp ready on white paint.

The larger stroke of the Boss 21 factors in to make the difference, but as you found out, whichever tool you use, the Boss Creams are sweet. Griot's BOSS fast correcting cream/paint correction questions.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some deep scratches on the hood of a 2009 White BMW. I have Griots FCC and CC. So far I have just used their orange pad, I cannot get them out. I also have Griots MF pad, but have not tried it yet. I am using a PC7424. I have also tried Opt hyper polish and their hyper compound with a orange pad. Still cannot get them out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    I have some deep scratches on the hood of a 2009 White BMW.
    Lightly run your fingernail across the "deep scratches". Try it in both directions as your goal is to go across as light and as smooth as you can... If your fingernail catches against the scratches even slightly, then you're most likely not going to be able to remove them and you're better off just getting over the fact because unless you decide to repaint the panel [or become a high level detailer in a short amount of time and become really proficient at wet sanding] you're going to have to live with those deep scratches.

When it comes to paint correction, you have to know when to pick your fights, and when it's probably best to learn to accept it and simply get over what eventually will be looked at as "minor" imperfections on your car... My daily driver is far from perfect, but it still looks better than every other car on the block 95% of the time. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I worked on a black Hyundai sonata with deep scratches and fast correcting cream with the white boss pads worked well. It's deep enough it can't be fixed but it's much less noticeable now.

Like eldorado2k mentioned I use correcting cream first since it will finish well enough to usually not need a second step. When it's not doing the job I go to fast correcting creme.

A tip if you buy these store them in your house if your garage isn't temp controlled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app