autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ipa vs glass cleaner?

hey guys ive been doing some reading online towards a panel prep... due to them being overpriced for what they are, I currently have p&s tru vue glass cleaner and some isopropyl alcohol 99% proof. which product would be better as a panel wipe ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ipa vs glass cleaner?

Panel wipe, especially the one from the coating company you are using.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look over at Autopia as they are having an overstock sale.

A gallon of wolfgang paint prep is $48 at the moment. They also have bottles of Optimim and Glassparency on sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Take a look over at Autopia as they are having an overstock sale.

A gallon of wolfgang paint prep is $48 at the moment. They also have bottles of Optimim and Glassparency on sale.
    sweet thanks! So you wouldn’t dilute a home brew of ipa? Would you use a glass cleaner or just purely a panel wipe from a rtu manufacture ?

Post Thanks / Like

There are many threads you can read through on ipa mixes- MP wrote an extended article on this and gave the formula for us to make it on the cheap @ home-- here is the link

How to Mix IPA for Inspecting Correction Results

Mike also uses Sonax glass cleaner for a panel wipe. I dont need to waste my money spending it on expensive name brand items like a big name company brand panel wipe when I can make it JUST AS GOOD for way less $$. More convienent also- I got all that it takes right here @ home
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nick27 View Post
    sweet thanks! So you wouldn’t dilute a home brew of ipa? Would you use a glass cleaner or just purely a panel wipe from a rtu manufacture ?
    Easy to get something ready to use rather than mixing something up. IPA doesn’t have the lubrication. Mike Phillips mentioned this a few times on the forum when he was here.

I bought a couple gallons of Meguiar’s M122 Surface prep for cheap and that’s what I use.

7. Likes DFB, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

IPA doesn’t have the lubrication.
    lubricating, but not leaving anything, my ipa has enough lubricity then- just sayin
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Use what works.

Post Thanks / Like

Dumb thread
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

Easy to get something ready to use rather than mixing something up. IPA doesn’t have the lubrication. Mike Phillips mentioned this a few times on the forum when he was here.

I bought a couple gallons of Meguiar’s M122 Surface prep for cheap and that’s what I use.
    I favor using Carpro Eraser and Gyeon Prep for this reason, they just feel nicer to use. I have also used a water/IPA blend prep spray along with another product sold as an alternative to Eraser, these were super grabby and not at all nice to use. If Carpro are blending their product with a lubricant while still being compatible with their coatings, then that's enough for me.

If you are going to the effort and expense of applying a ceramic coating, then don't cheap out on the most important prep stage during the process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast