autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Engine bay cleaning - Meguiars Hyper Dressing vs. Synthetic X-Press Wax?

So here is an interesting question:

When detailing your engine bay... does anyone know if Meguiars Hyper Dressing performs similar/same to Meguiars Synthetic XPress Spray Wax?

I see people spraying the HD roughly 3:1 ratio with no wipe down and get great results.

I have gallons of the Xpress wax... and was curious if it can be applied in the same manner?
    It's safe for paint/rubber/glass/leather/etc... so I would think it can be applied to the engine as well?
    I'm not sure if it can be "left alone" to dry like HD can though...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Engine bay cleaning - Meguiars Hyper Dressing vs. Synthetic X-Press Wax?

two different products. HD would be the product to use in the engine bay at either 3/4:1 (also used on tires, trim, etc,). megs synthetic spray wax is primarily used on the paint (many still use it on glass, interior, etc,) and applies & wipes off like a QD (spray on wipe off) but offers some protection...

Post Thanks / Like

I like using Wolfgang exterior trim sealant (what I can reach) on my engine bay and easy maintenance with D156 or Optimum car wax. This is certainly not a traditional method of "dressing" an engine bay. But I prefer a semi-matte finish on everything even tires so I've found this method works well for me.

WETS maintained with D156 or OCW is my prefered method for protecting all rubber and plastic trim. Hyper Dressing diluted 4:1 is great on tires (for me) and if you want something to spray on the entire engine bay in areas that can not be reached it works great for that as well.

Post Thanks / Like

As posted above there are preferences.Hyper last very long and can be diluted so the shine factor won't look to greasy.Hyper for me.

Post Thanks / Like

The beauty of HD for engines is that after degreasing, you can spray it on a wet engine, and walk away. DO NOT TOUCH IT! Leaves a great looking even gloss every time.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

HD and 303 look great, but water destroys both easily. I'm going to try the xpress wax for the engine bay and door trim. It's hydrophobic so it will repel water than 303 type products. It won't look as good however.