autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Wax/Sealant for "Wet Look' for "Pearl White" car?

No I have never tried meguires spray x

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax is good for light color cars..i did silver car with this sealant..looked so wet and lasts long too..

Post Thanks / Like

On our pearl white tauras I iron x, clayed then polished then applied gyeon can coat.....last step was mequiars spray wax

Post Thanks / Like

Best Wax/Sealant for "Wet Look' for "Pearl White" car?

Quote Originally Posted by Shortspark View Post
    I have a 2017 MB CLS550 in Diamond White, which I assume is another name for "pearl white". It is a beautiful color paint which shines in the sun and sparkles under night lights. This is my second Mercedes in this color and over the years I have tried a lot of stuff. The recommendation to prep the car is important no matter what color it is but especially on white which needs all the help it can get to "pop". One of the very best products to start with after your wash and clay is P21S Paintwork Cleanser. This is a German product that cleans the paint chemically, it is not an abrasive polish (I assume you need no real correction step).

My car cost a whole lot of money so I will tell you now that spending a few hundred on detailing stuff may sound high to some but for this car I think it is worth it. The best results I have achieved (but not by much) has been with Polish Angel. I have used their carnaubaflockencreme-snowwhite, which gives long lasting, glossy results. As a topper, I use Polish Angel High Gloss. Pretty insane shine when you combine them on white paint.

But as I said, these Polish Angels are expensive and I got almost as good results on diamond white paint with these combinations: Duragloss 111 and 601 topped with AquaWax about every third wash or so. This is for a candy apple look which, although somewhat antiseptic, it appeals to a lot of people. A little richer look (which might be better for a real "pearl" white) can be achieved using Sonax Net Polymer Shield with their Brilliant Shine as a topper or booster coat now and then. The deepest look of all that I have found comes from Optimum Spray Wax, the least durable of all these but the easiest to apply.

Dollar for dollar I still say Collinite 845 applied twice a year with the occasional "booster" of 845 sprayed from a mister bottle is as good on a richer white color paint as you will find - and one of the most durable.Attachment 59121Attachment 59122Attachment 59123Attachment 59124Attachment 59121Attachment 59122Attachment 59123Attachment 59124
    How do you mist 845? I want to do this but I don't know how to dilute it and what to dilute it with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    I have a pearl white Prius. It wasn't until I decontaminated with clay before I got the look you are seeking. 476s and weekly ONR&W with Optimum spray wax on the horizontal surfaces. I wash weekly.

You missed the polishing (most important) part to achieve the maximum shine.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    How do you mist 845? I want to do this but I don't know how to dilute it and what to dilute it with.

Just throw the bottle in a bucket of hot water for about 10 minutes and let the wax liquify.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    Just throw the bottle in a bucket of hot water for about 10 minutes and let the wax liquify.
    Yes, that will work. I live in Texas so most of the year I just put it in the sun for a while. It will be liquid in no time and you can mist, spread and buff, almost like a QD. Works for me! Give credit to Bob, he came up with this idea. He even uses this method when putting on the wax as the LSP. Instead of wowo, he probably keeps it on until it hazes and then buffs it off. Any method will work well with 845, it is just a super product.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Sealant is a great product and leaves a really nice slick finish. I often top it with Blackfire Midnight Sun and it really shines and last. In between waxing you can use a spray detailer to help maintain the wax. Not sure if you meant in the initial post that you were going to do a weekly wax. That is not needed at all. With a good hand wash and spray detailer the wax and sealant will should last a good 3-4 months even in bad weather conditions. 3-4 times a year for the sealant and wax should be enough. I have tried several sealants and most all work great with the proper cleaning of the vehicle before the sealant and or wax are applied. From my experience the proper foundation makes all the difference on how good the LSP looks and last.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to say all things being equal, and your prior prep work has been done well beforehand (Decon-Clay-Polish-etc) I would say that yes, WG 3.0 will give that dripping wet candy coated high gloss shine that will be tough to be equaled by other products.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12