autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs ultimate polish?

Review quote from product page.

Mixed feelings on this stuff.
    June 5, 2014

Your end results of hours of extremely hard work will be great. One of the best clear and liquid looking finishes of many polishes I've tried. The problem is that it dries extremely fast and I go through a ton on a machine. Removing it is an absolute pain. Like you need to chisel it off. I've tried a myriad of way to apply it and it always dries to fast and extremely dusty. What hides under that shell once you get it off is an amazing finish.
    Pros:

Beautiful finish with one of the best truly clean and clear looks I've seen

Cons:

Absolute beast to apply and remove. One of the worst I've every used to remove, but god I love the results.

Is is that hard to remove? Is so tips for making it easier. I plan on hitting my ride with it today. First time using it and just want to know what I'm in for. Thanks y'all.

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megs ultimate polish?

Darrin,

I have that complete line (UC, UP and UW). I'm always amazed when I reach for it. I never noticed the drying quickly or the hard to remove properties that review mentioned. I don't let polish sit on a car anyway. I do one panel at a time and always get great results. Follow it up with the Ultimate Wax which is really durable and you should be set til spring.

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of my favorite products to use - of all time.

On occasion, if it is old, not shaken well, or the paint is very sticky deposits of clear "glaze" will deposit itself on the paint. If this happens, simply go over the section again with fresh product, and wipe off.

Outside of that situation, Ultimate Polish wipes off effortlessly.

It's almost impossible to make dust. I wonder what this person's technique was like to encounter such issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Darrin,

I have that complete line (UC, UP and UW). I'm always amazed when I reach for it. I never noticed the drying quickly or the hard to remove properties that review mentioned. I don't let polish sit on a car anyway. I do one panel at a time and always get great results. Follow it up with the Ultimate Wax which is really durable and you should be set til spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    This is one of my favorite products to use - of all time.

On occasion, if it is old, not shaken well, or the paint is very sticky deposits of clear "glaze" will deposit itself on the paint. If this happens, simply go over the section again with fresh product, and wipe off.

Outside of that situation, Ultimate Polish wipes off effortlessly.

It's almost impossible to make dust. I wonder what this person's technique was like to encounter such issues.
    Thanks guys. It's funny, when you read a review like the one in my original post, I wish it came with a disclaimer. Something like: "Yeah, first time I used this, not sure if I used it properly. I might have applied too much and letting sit for 3 days might have been too long". Instead of spewing something out that you believe is true but in fact is just your perception. Thanks again.

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

I think the product has been properly defended already, but I'll toss in my thoughts for another data point.

I too have had great success with UC and UP. They are my go to products on softer Japanese paint and they work great. Easy to use, long working time, and provide great results.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Used it yesterday, no issues with dusting or wiping off.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i have try a lot of polishes and this is one of my favorite....i love it!!!! every time i wipe it off for the first time on a car it amaze me with how it looks

Post Thanks / Like

I have read that some have had issues over on the Meguiar's forum about UP being hard to remove. But in the times I have used it, not once did I have an issue. An easy polish to work with that produces great results.

Post Thanks / Like

Very easy to remove. Great product. Lots of polishing oils that will fill, so make sure you use a paint prep spray to reveal the true finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a question regarding products synergy here.
    I have honda black with very soft paint perhaps. Its in bad condition. and probably paint is fading. So I don't want to risk it full paint correction.
    Want to use UP with polishing foam pad on forced rotation da only with the purpose of cleaning paint and just leveling off some swirls n scratches. Can I layer it with PB black hole n nattys blue or should I first remove UP oils with d114 and then apply glaze and wax??
    And one more question; can we use UP every 3 months,lets say with finishing pad, to just strip off previous layers n clean paint and then protect it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast