autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Garage Air Pulse Cleaning gun Requires 8.97 cfm @ 90 psi flow rate...lol

Griots Garage Air Pulse Cleaning gun Requires 8.97 cfm @ 90 psi flow rate....###????

Who actually owns a compressor capable of meeting these specifications??? I checked and it's listed the same on the griots garage website so it must be accurate. Unreal.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage Air Pulse Cleaning gun Requires 8.97 cfm @ 90 psi flow rate...lol

Oh, and I checked their site to see the operating pressure of the air compressor griots sells on their site for $350 and it has an operating pressure of 4.2cfm at 90PSI which is not even a little bit close to what this tool requires.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage Air Pulse Cleaning gun Requires 8.97 cfm @ 90 psi flow rate...lol

Compressors(60 gallon stationary ones that run on 240v) that meet that requirement can be had for about $400 + tax at certain times of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

My 6hp 80 gallon IR meets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember how all that works, I believe that it is just saying that is the minimum air requirements needed to operate correctly. But it does seem to be a lot of cfm for an auto cleaning tool...I haven't used that and would like to try it but for comparison I have a pair of pneumatic due grinder that operates at 8 cfm. It may be due to the constant use of the air compared to like a nailer that is just intermittent use.

But it would take a larger HP compressor and yak to operate or the use of an air pig.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Griots products, but the Tornador Black requires half the cfm and works so well. I didn't really look at the Griots product carefully, but why would you chose this over the black? They seem to be the same but needs less cfm which means possibly a cheaper compressor?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adamgayton81 View Post
    My 6hp 80 gallon IR meets it.

Well mr fancy pants, I am official jealous of the size of your compressor. Do you know if there is a portable oil free compressor capable of producing that much air? i bought a 30 gallon oil free dewalt last year for over $500 because it was capable of 6cfm@90psi which I thought was pretty impressive. But it seems like detailer that want to use this tool will HAVE to have a stationary unit and work out of a shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb5450 View Post
    I love Griots products, but the Tornador Black requires half the cfm and works so well. I didn't really look at the Griots product carefully, but why would you chose this over the black? They seem to be the same but needs less cfm which means possibly a cheaper compressor?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    i completely agree and that was what I immediately thought of when I originally saw that. Sure wish Mike would chime in with his thoughts!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Well mr fancy pants, I am official jealous of the size of your compressor. Do you know if there is a portable oil free compressor capable of producing that much air? i bought a 30 gallon oil free dewalt last year for over $500 because it was capable of 6cfm@90psi which I thought was pretty impressive. But it seems like detailer that want to use this tool will HAVE to have a stationary unit and work out of a shop.
    lol I know I know...but it's not portable at all. I will look up some things and see if I can help find ya something. But like I mentioned in another post, seems crazy for the CFM required for that. I'm not sure of the portability though as most portables I know are around 4-5 cfm at 90 psi (due to mainly being used as brad nailers and framing nail guns...momentary use and stops.

Post Thanks / Like

You realisticallly need a two stage compressor that compresses in the neighborhood of 175psi. Mine is a Quincy I got through Northern Tool (Baldor motor; Penny (sp?) compressor). It was about a thousand after sale and $200 gift card I received. But, it's not portable. I don't know if they have a portable one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast