autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any fixes for pin-holes in glass?

I ended up saving it. Got rid of almost all the little swirls from the LC glass pad except on the edge of the windshield. I also got the other side polished out. It got rid of the wiper scratches, but not the tiny pits and chips. This process was not nearly as enjoyable as working on paint. Due to the amount of time it took and pressure I had to put on the pads to get the swirls and scratches out of the glass my Flex 3401 actually got hot enough to melt the 4 3/8" backing pad Any fixes for pin-holes in glass?Any fixes for pin-holes in glass?. Not sure if there's a hardness difference to windshield glass on a German car or if it is just due to the glass being 20 years old with 130,000 miles on it, but I ended up spending a total of about 8 hours working the glass not counting the breaks I took to let the flex cool down which it doesn't do very quickly. Counting prep, masking, nearly giving up after the LC pads damaged the glass, and then actually getting the glass to look better this took 2 days. Now I gotta coat it.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Mike Phillips

Re: Any fixes for pin-holes in glass?

Quote Originally Posted by ZippinGold612 View Post

I ended up saving it. Got rid of almost all the little swirls from the LC glass pad except on the edge of the windshield. I also got the other side polished out. It got rid of the wiper scratches, but not the tiny pits and chips.
    Thanks for the follow-up.

Sorry I just now found this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippinGold612 View Post

This process was not nearly as enjoyable as working on paint.

Due to the amount of time it took and pressure I had to put on the pads to get the swirls and scratches out of the glass my Flex 3401 actually got hot enough to melt the 4 3/8" backing pad.

Yep. It's the TIME FACTOR

After sharing how to polish glass for years now on the forum after a person "tries" what I often read in follow-up posts is that they give up do to hard it is and how much time it takes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12