autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

Its worth it to get the extended warranty. I forget how much it was, but its pennies. When I bought the unit the warranty from Ryboi was 2 years then on top of that I bought the 2 years extention, pushing it back to 2022 for complete replacement. Cant beat that. I think it cost: 12$

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it, at 59$ you can't go wrong. It comes with a foam cannon too. The only likelly issue you might have with this is the lenght of the pressure hose. They are usually a bit too short so you have to move the unit when washing the car... other than that, it should work well. Since electric pressure washers typically sell in the 100-300$ range, you might even want to pickup 2 of them and have a backup... at that price, it's a serious deal.

4. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Likes Knxwledge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    The way I see it, at 59$ you can't go wrong. It comes with a foam cannon too. The only likelly issue you might have with this is the lenght of the pressure hose. They are usually a bit too short so you have to move the unit when washing the car... other than that, it should work well. Since electric pressure washers typically sell in the 100-300$ range, you might even want to pickup 2 of them and have a backup... at that price, it's a serious deal.
    Do you know if this unit has standard fitting size?
    I would like to try to get the items that’s listed in this thread such as the hose, fittings and the MTM gun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knxwledge View Post
    Do you know if this unit has standard fitting size?
    I would like to try to get the items that’s listed in this thread such as the hose, fittings and the MTM gun
    The description of the item is 20 ft. : High pressure hose for greater reach. M22 Universal Threaded Twist On Hose & Trigger Handle

They say universal M22 so that is very likelly M22 14mm. You can find a lot of hoses and guns for that size of connectors.

The gun that comes with it looks like it has the standard quick release connector for typical pressure nozzles and foam cannons too. But it's hard to say from just a picture.

If you change the gun, the foam cannon that comes with it would have to be replaced, it uses a bayonnet type connector and I doubt that is standard.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, from the 79.99 unit the OP spec'd out ; what is the difference between it and this one? Yes 20.00 but is it just looks or?? The only thing I see that would make a big difference is the stated output is now 1/4" QD However the pictures show what appears to be a M22 spin-on.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1-...1612/301004462
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

The green works unit comes with a foam cannon, that is a 30$ value right there. So if you are not planning to modify the setup, the Greenworks one is a much better value. On the other hand, if you are gonna change the hose and gun, then I would assume the Ryobi is a better quality machine. So it really depends what your goal is. If you want to get a basic unit at the great price, the Greenworks is pretty much unbeatable at the 59$ pricepoint. Otherwise, for a more professional setup, I would go with something in a higher quality bracket. Many people have said the Ryobi delivers a lot of power for such a small unit.

Sidenote, I have used my own pressure washer today to rinse off my car. Temperatures are finally a bit over freezing here in Montreal with a high of 42F today. After using the coin operated pressure washer all winter, I must say I was pretty disapointed with my pressure washer. My unit is 1700 PSI. I had trouble removing dirt on the paint. It will do it, but it takes so much longer than using a higher pressure unit. I am thinking about getting a higher pressure unit now. Only issue is portability since I am mobile. The 1700 PSI unit is heavy enough, I think that a 2500 or 3000 PSI unit would be too heavy to carry around and move in and out of my Dodge Caravan on every detail. Not sure what to do ;( And I did order a replacement hose and gun although those could be used on the new unit.

Post Thanks / Like

I few hours ago I used the setup Zach laid out in the OP, and couldn't be happier. The Ryobi unit itself is very stout, no internal leaks (unlike the two Karchers before), pretty quiet as well, just a solid hummm. The 50ft hose is great, laid flat, and never had to move the unit. The spray gun is larger than I expected, feels like a solid unit and not a toy like the stock ones that come with the units. Plenty of power from the 40 tip. Very pleased with the setup, thanks again Zach for sharing the info.

10. Likes VISITOR, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dallas Detailing highly recommends this unit. Check out his video on Utube.

Post Thanks / Like

wish I was able to get in on the greenworks. finally have access to water and electric so looking for get a pressure washer.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast