autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

Good thread. I was curious about the cheaper electric washers. I started a thread on another forum (Not AG) and was essentially told that gas was the ONLY way to go because the electrics were garbage.

Thinking I might try a greenworks or similar model. Lowes, Harbor Freight, Home Depot, etc. all seems to have their own name but they all have really similar specs.

-Emt1581

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

I am pretty sure the Harbor Models and a few more have the hose and guns that only work with their system. I highly recommend one that easily upgrades to a better hose and gun . The stock hoses on a lot of the cheaper PW are not very user friendly this is 50 ft of ryobi hose and 50 ft of flexzilla hose side by side
    Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!-12088178_10153985414693686_4238172672635770413_n-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emt1581 View Post
    Good thread. I was curious about the cheaper electric washers. I started a thread on another forum (Not AG) and was essentially told that gas was the ONLY way to go because the electrics were garbage.

Thinking I might try a greenworks or similar model. Lowes, Harbor Freight, Home Depot, etc. all seems to have their own name but they all have really similar specs.

-Emt1581
    usually any gas pressure washer that's under $500 is not going to last a long time because the pumps will go out (good advice i was told) and aren't meant to be used all the time. they are also loud (neighbors aren't going to fall in love with it) and obviously need gas which adds to the expense. i've had my greenworks 1700psi electric pressure washer for over 3+ years and it's been good to me and i bought it form CL's for around $100 (got it for about half off retail) and it was nearly new...

Post Thanks / Like

I have the karcher k5 and it works great for me. The hose is long enough to go around the whole car and the units never fallen over. It has great power too. Its 100x better then the harbor freight unit i had. The foam i get with my hp gun is also perfect and the hose doesn't coil up. i dont know why you need a 50 foot hose unless you are washing a school bus? I have a small suv and the karcher hose goes around the whole car without moving the machine.

The only thing I don't like about the unit is the cheap plastic quick connect. Maybe you don't have enough water pressure at your house to take advantage of the power of the unit and the higher gpm?

5. Likes Chopper280 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    if my electric greenworks pressure washer stopped working i wouldn't hesitate to buy another or the ryobi. sometimes more expensive doesn't always mean better...
    That new setup he's using is not better then my k5 x series. The unit he originally had and got rid of. I'll have to disagree with his opinion here. The K5 is 2000 psi and has a 1.4 gpm flow. The unit he bought is 1500 psi and has a 1.2 gpm flow. Numbers don't lie.

I believe he thinks its better. Maybe he doesn'tt have enough water pressure at his house to fully take advantage of the more powerful unit? The k5 at my house is just about as powerful as a coin op

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I believe he thinks its better.
    that's all that matters to the person who is buying and using it. btw, the statement can apply to many different things. not a fan of the fittings on the karcher so i wouldn't purchase another...

Post Thanks / Like

usually any gas pressure washer that's under $500 is not going to last a long time because the pumps will go out (good advice i was told) and aren't meant to be used all the time. they are also loud (neighbors aren't going to fall in love with it) and obviously need gas which adds to the expense. i've had my greenworks 1700psi electric pressure washer for over 3+ years and it's been good to me and i bought it form CL's for around $100 (got it for about half off retail) and it was nearly new...
    I think using a gas pressure washer to wash a car is going overboard. Unless you are washing cars all day long everyday for a business. the average guy washing 1 or 2 cars a week doesn't need a gas unit. Unless you want to use it to pressure wash vinyl siding or something

Post Thanks / Like

that's all that matters to the person who is buying and using it. btw, the statement can apply to many different things. not a fan of the fittings on the karcher so i wouldn't purchase another...
    i def am not a fan of the karcher, cheap piece of crap, plastic quick connect fitting they give you for the water hose.

Post Thanks / Like

That new setup he's using is not better then my k5 x series. The unit he originally had and got rid of. I'll have to disagree with his opinion here. The K5 is 2000 psi and has a 1.4 gpm flow. The unit he bought is 1500 psi and has a 1.2 gpm flow. Numbers don't lie.

I believe he thinks its better. Maybe he doesn'tt have enough water pressure at his house to fully take advantage of the more powerful unit? The k5 at my house is just about as powerful as a coin op
    There is no difference you can feel between 1500 and 2000 psi. As for water pressure, try this: Hook up everything on your pressure washer but don't turn the power on. Then remove the pressure nozzle and squeeze the trigger to let water flow out of the wand. You will see that there is very little water coming out. Think about it. When the power is on, the unit will use about 1.4 gallon per minute, that is not much water at all and doesn't require much pressure. In fact most unit run perfectly well with a water tank that is elevated and don"t need a pump to feed the water into the pressure washer.

Post Thanks / Like

I think using a gas pressure washer to wash a car is going overboard.
    Disagree. I use my PW once a week. I had an electric PW before and they rinse tooooooo slow. Plus, foam is weak from an electric PW. Even if I didn't use a foam cannon, I'd still prefer a gas washer for sure!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast