autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Can I (quick) Fix these seats ?

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but was wondering if anyone had suggestions on possible fixes with two issues with my leather seats

#1 - Tear/hole, one on drivers eat, one on front passenger seat...

#2 - Hardened leather side of seat. I'm guessing previous owner probably went to beach, and drove home with a wet bum/wet towel....

Drivers side..

Passengers side ( what it suppose to look like...)

Not holding my breath on an easy fix, and not really keen on spending a lot to try and fix as I'm planning on selling it.... but was wondering if anyone's repaired damage like this, & what my options were ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can I (quick) Fix these seats ?

Certainly some leather conditioner will soften up hardened leather (I think Leatherique is called for in this circumstance, although I've never used it. I did have some surprising success with Lexol on some hardened leather or faux leather door trim).

I'm not sure what you are expecting any of us to say about the holes and missing material in the perforated portion--how could you "fix" that without replacing it? Maybe some careful cleaning will remove the tape residue and make it look a little better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Certainly some leather conditioner will soften up hardened leather (I think Leatherique is called for in this circumstance, although I've never used it. I did have some surprising success with Lexol on some hardened leather or faux leather door trim).
    Thanks Setec m Ill look into Leatherique, see what it's all about

I'm not sure what you are expecting any of us to say about the holes and missing material in the perforated portion--how could you "fix" that without replacing it? Maybe some careful cleaning will remove the tape residue and make it look a little better.
    I think I've seen a video some time ago, where they glue a patch under the hole, then fill the hole with some sort of leather-putty. It's been a while, but though maybe some of the more experienced detailers, or detailers who dabble in various physical repairs might have experience patching these sorts of things

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    I think I've seen a video some time ago, where they glue a patch under the hole, then fill the hole with some sort of leather-putty. It's been a while, but though maybe some of the more experienced detailers, or detailers who dabble in various physical repairs might have experience patching these sorts of things
    Sure, there are some patch systems that use a "putty", although my recollection is those are for vinyl, rather than leather, but I've never heard of one for perforated sections. Maybe I'll be surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Throw some seat covers over it.