autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gyeon tire????

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon tire????

Hi my name is mike from north jersey. Normally I just stalk the page and search for what I'm looking for. I recently trie the new gyeon tire based on the positive reviews. So yesterday I did my normal wash and scrubbed the tires 2-3 times each with tuff shine tire cleaner. I then proceeded to apply 3 coats about 30 minutes apart. Now I did not wipe it off because I kinda like a little shine. So today I washed my car with gtechniq wash and all I did was wipe the tires because there was some dust around the tire. So as as I'm drying my car I look at the tires and they look like nothing was applied. It's was very blotchy. I must say I'm very disappointed. I've use Wolfgang and pinnacle gel with better results. Even the turtle wax gel in the orange bottle. Is it something I did wrong? Was wiping it after the 15 minute mark that crucial? This is my first post also.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon tire????

I got the same results after my first try with two coats. The next time I washed the car I applied a coat and heated the tires up and I got a much better result afterwards, better shine and longevity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I followed the directions and even heat treated the tires. But in my case, I applied one coat to off-road tires and hit the trails the same week. This stuff really attracts dirt. I DO NOT suggest using before going off road!

Last Sunday I applied to my wife's daily. I'll try to remember to come back here after a wash to post an update.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses. I was expecting more then a day and wash with longevity. I'm gonna give it another try and if I don't get better results I will definitely give this away. I haven't been this disappointed in a product in a long time.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmike40nj View Post

Hi my name is mike from north jersey.

This is my first post also.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Hmm.... your experience doesn't sound right? Not sure what could have happened as I've always been impressed with Gyeon products.

Can't remember if I've used this product and already written a review or if I used it last week and haven't typed up my review yet? I'll look and see...

Post Thanks / Like

I have had decent results with Gyeon tire. I did heat the tires with a heat gun and got 2-3 weeks out of them with some modest shine. Didn't fall in love with the product and resorted to weekly Hyperdressing applications. Nothing like Endura Shine, which is the bomb IMHO.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Hi Mike,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Hmm.... your experience doesn't sound right? Not sure what could have happened as I've always been impressed with Gyeon products.

Can't remember if I've used this product and already written a review or if I used it last week and haven't typed up my review yet? I'll look and see...

Thanks Mr Phillips for commenting. Maybe I did 2 things wrong. I didn't use a microfiber applicator, I use the tuff shine sponge. And I also didn't wipe it down. Nor did I use heat. I'm more then happily with the Wolfgang and pinnacle gel. I even used a scrub brush with regular soap and they never degraded like that. ����#♂️. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I had high hopes for this product as well. I am just going to use it till its gone, no reorder. And just stick McKee's High Gloss gel, and Megs D160 All Season Dressing. Also might checkout a tire coating soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I just applied to my winter tires.

Cleaned with APC and used foam applicater.

Easy on and looked great.

Let dry 24 hrs and wrapped in shrink wrap to seal up for summer.

Have a spare tire I coated 1 year ago sitting in my garage gathering dust and when pressed into service looks great.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon tire

I for one had no issues with it. Used Mothers tire renew before I applied one coat. I did not heat it up. After the first wash, it still looked like I just applied it. Just cleaned the tires with soap & water.

DIRECTIONS:
    Apply good exterior APC on the tire and brush it.
    Rinse the dirt off.
    Let the tire fully dry before application.
    Shake the bottle well before use.
    Spray on a foam or microfiber applicator and wipe it into the surface.
    Let it dry and soak in the surface.
    For a deep matt effect wipe after 15 minutes with a microfiber cloth.
    To increase durability heat up the surface with a hairdryer.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast