autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Tips for starting weekend business?

Hey everyone, I'm 18 and wanting to grow my weekend business and get my word out a little more now that summer is around and attract more people on getting their cars detailed. I have been doing this for just 2 years by starting out working for a family friend who owned his own detailing business but just got done fighting cancer and just doesn't have it in him anymore to keep up with everything. Their for I have just been doing a few cars by my self with all my own equipment that I have purchased with money for my week day job (HVAC), but would like to get more people interested and trusting me with what I am doing. I have card made and ready to pass around so maybe this will help some but looking for just a few more tips to really get me going!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Re: Tips for starting weekend business?

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Be pro-active with your current customers asking them for referrals, also be honest and polite.

Here's some verbiage you can use or alter...

Thank you for your business!

I strive to do my very best work for all of my customers. If you’re pleased with the quality of my work would you consider referring your friends, family, co-workers and car buddies by recommending my name and my phone number.

My primary business depends upon word-of-mouth advertising. Your recommendation for my services will be more powerful than any advertising I could ever purchase.

Your Name and phone number goes here
    000-000-0000

You say you already have business cards printed, maybe next time have the above printed on the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my take on this.you have a great job mon thru fri.Even at production style detailing you will get burned out and could affect your weekly job.If I was you I would target quality minded proffesionals not price shoppers.Do one correction per weekend and earn 5 to 700 in 2 days .Production you can make money because its not critical but you would have to do 3 per weekend to make it worth your time.That's my personal opinion plan 2k a month extra on top of your hvac pay .

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Here is my take on this.you have a great job mon thru fri.Even at production style detailing you will get burned out and could affect your weekly job.If I was you I would target quality minded proffesionals not price shoppers.Do one correction per weekend and earn 5 to 700 in 2 days .Production you can make money because its not critical but you would have to do 3 per weekend to make it worth your time.That's my personal opinion plan 2k a month extra on top of your hvac pay .
    This is pretty much me but once a month and only in the warmer months. Once a month is all the time I have.

Mike Phillips

I'd suggest reading this and make sure the time you're investing into your customer's cars is balanced so you're making a fair profit.

A few tips on starting a part-time detailing business

Post Thanks / Like

My recommendation is start a Facebook or Instagram page to share/publish the work your doing. Be sure to include some before and after shots to show the customers what you are really doing for their vehicle. Invite your friends to like the page and word will spread. Social media is your friend!
    Keep Calm... and Detail On!

Eric