autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Which Quick Detailer / Waterless Wash ?

Hi guys,

My car sits outside, so it's often exposed to the dust, dirt, rain, poop etc..

Hoping to get some recommendations on an inexpensive, budget oriented, weekend warrior - Quick Detailer / Waterless wash, maybe something with the ability to remove water spots too, just so I can spray on and wipe off any areas that need it.

I've read about ONR, but you apply that to a bucket of water, then wash the car... then I read about the opti-clean... which seems similar. It all adds up and gets confusing to be honest, many companies with very similar products that do things very similar to each other

Thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Quick Detailer / Waterless Wash ?

there are a lot of good ones to choose from, both of these have gotten a lot of praise..

McKee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    Hi guys,

My car sits outside, so it's often exposed to the dust, dirt, rain, poop etc..

Hoping to get some recommendations on an inexpensive, budget oriented, weekend warrior - Quick Detailer / Waterless wash, maybe something with the ability to remove water spots too, just so I can spray on and wipe off any areas that need it.

I've read about ONR, but you apply that to a bucket of water, then wash the car... then I read about the opti-clean... which seems similar. It all adds up and gets confusing to be honest, many companies with very similar products that do things very similar to each other
    Hy

ONR and Opti clean are 2 different type products sharing a similar formula.

Optimum No-rinse is a rinseless type product which you mix with water in a bucket (1:256 dilution) and use a sponge or mitt to clean the car and wipe off the product instead of rinsing it (thats why its called No-rinse)...
    ...while...
    Optimum opti-clean is meant more to be as a waterless type product. It shares the formula with ONR and is like a supercharged version of ONR. You dilute it 1:3 in a spray bottle. You spray the product on the panel and wipe it with a MF. It works very well.

Both products work very well and you should be satisfied with whichever you choose.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys

Thanks VISITOR, Ill look into those two you linked

Thanks Opti, so you recon Opti-clean is the way to go if I wanted to give the car/panels a quick wipe down ?

What's the main difference between a specific QD and using a 'waterless' or 'no-rinse' option ?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The two products that VISITOR linked, above, are my favorites. When properly diluted per the instructions, they are very economical also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick detailers are meant for light dust. Waterless Washes are meant for anything heavier than that up to a point.

I have used opti-clean, uber and McKee's N914. McKee's is the best one out of all of them. Opti-Clean streaks too much and requires more buffing than I usually like. I was not impressed with uber. McKee's N914 is the ticket. It flashes off without leaving too much buffing after cleaning a panel. Plus McKee's leaves nothing behind on the surface to not alter whatever form of protection is on the car.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What about meguiars quick detailer it comes in a spray bottle you can also buy their professional series and dilute it I haven't tried their professional stuff yet but want to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I would stick to something made for rinse less washing such as the McKee rinseless wash solution or the optimum no rinse.

The meguiars quick detailer is for light touch ups its two differences.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys ,

I had a look, but haven't found anyone that stocks/sells McKees products here in Australia :/. I'll have to have another look tomorrow I think.

Thanks Jones, Ill have to check out the Megs range.

On the subject of ONR, as it would remove heavier dirt build up... wouldn't that make it somewhat better than the QD? Would ONR remove the smudges, poop, fingerprints, oils etc.. like the dedicated QD ?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started working with the Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. I chose that mainly because it can be diluted to 4 different products. I use it as a quick detailer for light wipe downs and trust it more to not mar or cause swirls because it is nearly the same strength as the waterless wash.

I used the Optimum quick detailer and wasn't happy with the streaking and since my car is left out overnight, the moisture in the air always creates a film with the dust. So a quick detailer was a waste for me and may have been adding swirls (you are not supposed to use QD for anything but dust that you can blow away).

I've tried WG Uber at QD, WW, and RW strengths and have been really happy with it except for the last wash where i used rinseless without a pre-soak and swirls showed up. Uber dilutes into plenty of gallons of solution, don't be stingy with the spraying and pre-soaking.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast