autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Foam Cannon?

Quote Originally Posted by bryanviper View Post
    Hello,

I just ordered a 2000 PSI Electric Power Washer and I would also like to get a Foam Cannon. I would like one that leaves behind nice and thick soap on the car and the soap will very slowly slide off the car.

Any suggestions/pictures/videos?

Thanks
    I like the hp one they sell here. Idk if it's the "best" but it's pretty good. I've had it for a year and I wouldn't buy a different one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    You may need a little more power to get the thick long lasting foam. I use a gas 2800 PSI. The foam cannons are pretty much all the same, I have a few MTM versions.

Any good foam soap works well too but the key imo is the power.
    I get that easy even when I only had the harbor frieght 1600 psi

The thickness of the foam has nothing to do with psi or gpm. Any pressure washer will do it. It's about how much soap you use

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I get that easy even when I only had the harbor frieght 1600 psi

The thickness of the foam has nothing to do with psi or gpm. Any pressure washer will do it. It's about how much soap you use
    I disagree. While the amount of soap is a factor a weak pressure washer just isn't going to lay down long lasting lather. It just won't, sorry. But if you say you can why not provide some photos?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jones2507 View Post
    How do you like the hyperwash? Have you ever tried their M62 wash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually just picked up the hyperwash and haven't tried anything else of their's. I've used soaps from all over the place and never been really disappointed. I've used Adam's, optimum, meguiars gold class, etc. Only thing I didn't quite care about the gold class was after quite a few washes it eventually started to clog ceramic coatings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. While the amount of soap is a factor a weak pressure washer just isn't going to lay down long lasting lather. It just won't, sorry. But if you say you can why not provide some photos?
    I didn't have a smartphone when I had my harbor frieght one but why would I lie? What do you think it's a foam conspiracy? What's the lowest you'very tried the hp is 1600 and easily makes foam. My k5 makes foam as good or better then your gas one

Post Thanks / Like

Whats a "weak" pressure washer to you? You're only washing a car you don't need 5000 psi or gas power to make foam

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Whats a "weak" pressure washer to you? You're only washing a car you don't need 5000 psi or gas power to make foam
    lol a foam conspiracy? Ok dummy. You need to relax man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bryanviper View Post
    Hello,

I just ordered a 2000 PSI Electric Power Washer and I would also like to get a Foam Cannon. I would like one that leaves behind nice and thick soap on the car and the soap will very slowly slide off the car.

Any suggestions/pictures/videos?

Thanks
    Once you get your foam cannon, you might want to get some of this soap... I've never tried it myself, nor do I have a foam cannon, but check out this review.

Review: 1Z Raindance Wash & Wax Perls Shampoo

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid you're mistaken here. I have a 1700 psi 1.5 gpm electric pressure washer that I've been using for several years (got my first foam cannon back in 2008) and it has produced copious amounts of foam. I have about 5 foam cannons currently and when they aren't making great foam it has always been the metal mesh filter. This $5 - $10 filter is what dictates the foam (it creates the aeration you need) you get and the quality of the filter does differ in the cheaper foam cannons (the <$20 ones) and thus why they don't produce as well as others. When my cannons drop off in foam production I just take them apart and put the metal mesh filter in some CLR for a day, take it out and rinse really well, re-insert in the foam cannon and foam is right back to where it was before. I've use my cannons with a 1500 psi Karcher, a 3000 psi gas pw, and my Northern tool 1700 psi with comet pump and leeson motor, and all have produced the same amount of foam. A few pics with my set up and a 1700 psi pw:

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpacker92 View Post
    I'm afraid you're mistaken here. I have a 1700 psi 1.5 gpm electric pressure washer that I've been using for several years (got my first foam cannon back in 2008) and it has produced copious amounts of foam. I have about 5 foam cannons currently and when they aren't making great foam it has always been the metal mesh filter. This $5 - $10 filter is what dictates the foam (it creates the aeration you need) you get and the quality of the filter does differ in the cheaper foam cannons (the <$20 ones) and thus why they don't produce as well as others. When my cannons drop off in foam production I just take them apart and put the metal mesh filter in some CLR for a day, take it out and rinse really well, re-insert in the foam cannon and foam is right back to where it was before. I've use my cannons with a 1500 psi Karcher, a 3000 psi gas pw, and my Northern tool 1700 psi with comet pump and leeson motor, and all have produced the same amount of foam. A few pics with my set up and a 1700 psi pw:

Actually I'm not mistaken. Yes I see you get some foam but trust me the power is everything. This topic has been gone over hundreds of times. When I owned a weaker pressure washer I never got the thick long lasting foam that I do now. It just is what it is. But in the end what's a lot for some may not be much for others. Done/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast