autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel or Mckee's 37 tire gel or Mckee's 37 tire coating?

For those that have used these products, which would you most recommend?

Thanku,

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel or Mckee's 37 tire gel or Mckee's 37 tire coating?

The coating, I hate dressing tires. Just make sure the tires are very clean and dry before you apply the coating. The Pinnacle will last a little longer than the McKees tire gel, I didn't get any longevity out of it

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel or Mckee's 37 tire gel or Mckee's 37 tire coating?

Depends. Are you looking to use a tire coating for clients? It does take a longer prep time. Or is this for personal use?

Post Thanks / Like

Main reason for asking was for personal use. Secondly would be for others cars. I don't like stuff that fades fast. I like stuff that customers will appreciate it's longevity. So that might answer my own question.

The past few years I have been using wets. And that product gives me exactly what I'm looking for in both longevity and appearance. But using wets on tires uses up waaaay to much product for a $30 4oz. Bottle.

Wets is Awesome on trim because it spreads out far. But when I use it on tires, it seems the rubber soaks up more product faster. So hoping I can get something that will spread easier on the Tire and last longer thuan most Tire products.

Thanku,

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Gtechniq Tyre & Trim, gtech tire and trim coating

Not on your list, but fits the bill. This stuff will last!! I put 2 coats on last Friday, and we had all that rain this week. 200+ miles of driving. Washed today. Just hit the tires with soap & water. They still look fantastic. And a bottle will do several tires. Just a few drops on a foam applicator. Done.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with either the Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel or the McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel. Both of these products work great.
    Tire Dressings, rubber protectants, tire shine

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    Main reason for asking was for personal use. Secondly would be for others cars. I don't like stuff that fades fast. I like stuff that customers will appreciate it's longevity. So that might answer my own question.
    The key to success with any tire gel or coating is to apply them to a squeaky clean surface. Use a high quality tire cleaner (preferably McKee's 37 Tire & Rubber Rejuvenator ) before applying whichever gel you choose. Tip: McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel has its own cleaners built in; to maximize the longevity of the product, scrub it into the tire using a microfiber applicator pad. This takes a smidgen longer than slopping it on with a foam applicator, but it's well worth the extra time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for the great help guys! You all Rock!

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

I am a fan of the tire coating as long as you dont want a deep wet looking shine. Its more of a satin finish, like a new rubber look, and it does last months vs weeks. The key is to having a totally bare rubber surface. After initial application, I have had success just reapplying the coating over itself every few months, and still holding up.

Between those two gels, they are both very good. But in all honesty, given the price difference, I would opt for the Mckees.

Post Thanks / Like

For personal use I would go with a tire coating hands down. McKee's tire coating works great. It may take too much time to prep the tires unless you upsell them on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    I would go with either the Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel or the McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel. Both of these products work great.
    Tire Dressings, rubber protectants, tire shine
    I would go with either of these for clients. Both work great. Can't go wrong with either one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast