autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Coach/RV product recomendations +Pics...

Well, today I saw my dad's new RV for the first time. Its really pretty damn nice, its got every bell and whistle out there. Automatic "smart" awnings, nice size bathroom, 3 tvs including one in an outside compartment, satellite, nav, side/rear view cameras, the list goes on...

What I need to do is put together a package of products that will be easy for him to use to maintain the exterior. He is not a detailing nut like us, so the products should be simple , easy to use, not too expensive, and durable because its not a job that will get done often. Its hard for him to find a place to wash it as it is.

I was leaning towards most of the duragloss Marine/RV line. Any reason why these wouldnt be a good choice considering the user and application? Probably the wash, polish, detail spray, and maybe protect ant. I could probably come up with good stuff to use on the trim, glass, leather, metal, etc but really I am concerned with what to tell him to use for the paint.

Oh and I was AMAZED at how nice the leather was on the front seats. Softest, smoothest leather ive ever seen by FAR. Its a light color so its going to need caring for as well.

Some pics...

I got to drive this thing today for a little while. Much easier to drive on the highway then I anticipated. Not so easy around local streets and smaller highways, damn thing is 42' long! Its got a CAT diesel and allison trans, so it goes pretty good. Getting a hang of the air brakes and the jake brake was hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    That thing is sweet!!!!
    Corey Smith

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful RV. Wonder how much to fill the tank(s)?

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys

About $220 to fill up today, $3.4X/gal for diesel in the town where my Dad stores it.

I was thinking about it, thats a set of HIDs for my car lol my dad is nuts

Post Thanks / Like
    that's not an RV, that's a greyhound bus-----converted!! lol

Damn....must be nice

Post Thanks / Like
    It would take half a day just to clay it. Maybe mush two bars together and make a 12 inch diameter patty to clay it.

Post Thanks / Like
    My parents also have a Fleetwood Discovery, year 2003 though, without full body paint. ARe the Alcoas the ones where you don't have to polish (coated?), if so that'll help. Polishing the wheels a few times a year gets kind of old fast. I bought a 5 gallon pail of Pooboy's Spray and Wipe to take care of it in between washes. A California Duster may be a good idea to keep the sides free of dirt. He'll want to keep a good layer of wax on the nose for obvious reasons, we do and a S&W wipedown removes bugs without a hitch. The Discoveries still have a rear radiator (opposed to side mounted ones) so the rear is going to get filthy as well, sometimes I won't even use S&W it gets so bad. I totally agree about the handling and brakes, it takes a little bit to get used to but it isn't as bad as you think. Nice rig, thats for sure!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    My parents also have a Fleetwood Discovery, year 2003 though, without full body paint. ARe the Alcoas the ones where you don't have to polish (coated?), if so that'll help. Polishing the wheels a few times a year gets kind of old fast. I bought a 5 gallon pail of Pooboy's Spray and Wipe to take care of it in between washes. A California Duster may be a good idea to keep the sides free of dirt. He'll want to keep a good layer of wax on the nose for obvious reasons, we do and a S&W wipedown removes bugs without a hitch. The Discoveries still have a rear radiator (opposed to side mounted ones) so the rear is going to get filthy as well, sometimes I won't even use S&W it gets so bad. I totally agree about the handling and brakes, it takes a little bit to get used to but it isn't as bad as you think. Nice rig, thats for sure!
    Awesome, thanks for the tips budman

Unfortunately I dont know anything about what kind of paint/clear/coating it has, I will have to find this out. Im trying to put together some stuff for a christmas present for my dad, get a bunch of stuff to try, and have him decide which he likes, and he can go ahead and buy more of those products. If he is to like them enough to buy more, I would think they would have to be inexpensive and easy to use.

I think he has the duster, and I might be able to get him into the idea of taking care of the bugs and light grime with spray and wipe or something similar. I know alot of people use the Duragloss Marine and RV polish, even on their cars, and I think it has a strong cleaner. Does this sound like the right thing to buy him? Is it easy to use? Ive used 105 and that was easy to use...

Still need a good wash soap, and maybe an APC. I'm just thinking, but I bet one of those boars hair brushes on the pole would be perfect for this thing, they are pricey though. Is there a decent alternative to the boar's hair brush?

Your absolutley right about the rear radiator, the back gets very dirty. And also the front end has a clear bra that was installed since day one, so that should help things I hope.

This is by far the biggest thing Ive ever driven, its a crazy feeling, driving a house lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dontsleeponit View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the tips budman

Unfortunately I dont know anything about what kind of paint/clear/coating it has, I will have to find this out. Im trying to put together some stuff for a christmas present for my dad, get a bunch of stuff to try, and have him decide which he likes, and he can go ahead and buy more of those products. If he is to like them enough to buy more, I would think they would have to be inexpensive and easy to use.

I think he has the duster, and I might be able to get him into the idea of taking care of the bugs and light grime with spray and wipe or something similar. I know alot of people use the Duragloss Marine and RV polish, even on their cars, and I think it has a strong cleaner. Does this sound like the right thing to buy him? Is it easy to use? Ive used 105 and that was easy to use...

Still need a good wash soap, and maybe an APC. I'm just thinking, but I bet one of those boars hair brushes on the pole would be perfect for this thing, they are pricey though. Is there a decent alternative to the boar's hair brush?

Your absolutley right about the rear radiator, the back gets very dirty. And also the front end has a clear bra that was installed since day one, so that should help things I hope.

This is by far the biggest thing Ive ever driven, its a crazy feeling, driving a house lol.
    The body paint is your typical base / clear type paint that's on cars, so you can treat it like one ... a very large one . I detailed another Fleetwood (Providence) and the paint was terrible on it. It was blotchy, over spray galore and just a big disappointment for a $200k rig... Actually the whole coach was full of problems...

A durable AIO product would probably be your best bet. I've only used 105 in the DG line so I can't help there.

I have talked to Aaron @ Edge about producing a schmitt on a stick ... but nothing has come from that and it's been about a year now. Maybe I'll give Lake Country a call to see what they have to say about an Ulti-mitt on a stick (telescoping handle). This would be ideal, IMO.

Here is its garage- it makes life a lot easier. It's out of the sun so no fading and out of the snow in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man that is a monster! Beautiful inside and out! Thanks for the pics!
    Thanks,
    Tonya AKA twinkle toes
    Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwile achievement - Henry Ford

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast