autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Midnight Sun paste wax over polish angel?

It doesn't matter what lsp I have on it always looks best after a wash and a nice spray wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    It doesn't matter what lsp I have on it
    always looks best after a wash and a
    nice spray wax
    Doesn't the freshly applied Spray
    Wax now become the actual Last
    Step Product?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Doesn't the freshly applied Spray
    Wax now become the actual Last
    Step Product?

Bob
    I don't think so I think it just adds to it. I feel I put say souveran wax on my car Monday then Friday I wash it and top it with miguiars on Friday the souveran is still there the miguiars just adds to it

Post Thanks / Like

It be nice if I could figure out what type of coatings can be topped with wax/sealant products and which ones can't. That's all I want to know

Post Thanks / Like

HG is supposedly the ultimate gloss lsp. Why cover it with a lesser gloss product.

Post Thanks / Like

It be nice if I could figure out what type of coatings can be topped with wax/sealant products and which ones can't. That's all I want to know
    You can, theoretically, top whatever product you want with whatever other product you want. The thing you run into is whatever your literal last product you put on is going to have the most evident properties, such as water behavior, and you'll usually get diminished durability out of whatever it is because it's trying to bond to whatever coating/wax/sealant you're putting it on top of.

As far as getting your answer, all any company or manufacturer is going to say is "for best compatibility use this product from our line, but you should be able to use whatever else, too." You might be expecting too much hoping for anyone to give you a concrete answer or legitimate evidence of it. I just do whatever I feel like and see what kind of results I get.

Why do u think they came out with all these coating sprays
    Companies are always going to release specific products like that. Doesn't mean anything, IMO. I use D156 on my coated cars all the time, which nobody anywhere says is directly compatible, however, I get great results. So...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You can, theoretically, top whatever product you want with whatever other product you want. The thing you run into is whatever your literal last product you put on is going to have the most evident properties, such as water behavior, and you'll usually get diminished durability out of whatever it is because it's trying to bond to whatever coating/wax/sealant you're putting it on top of.

As far as getting your answer, all any company or manufacturer is going to say is "for best compatibility use this product from our line, but you should be able to use whatever else, too." You might be expecting too much hoping for anyone to give you a concrete answer or legitimate evidence of it. I just do whatever I feel like and see what kind of results I get.

Companies are always going to release specific products like that. Doesn't mean anything, IMO. I use D156 on my coated cars all the time, which nobody anywhere says is directly compatible, however, I get great results. So...
    Yeah I know what you mean, I read an article on the miguiars forum explaining the different chemistry and why they aren't compatible I'll try to link it when I get home.

The reason for topping is making it look better. It doesn't matter what you are using the freshly applied look doesn't last

Post Thanks / Like

It's just like applying Wolfgang sealant and then topping it with souvarn. The sealant looks good on its own but topping is nice too.

And then a few weeks after that you top it with a spray wax. It's the same thing

Post Thanks / Like

It varies by the coating and the added product. Some will work, and others will nt play well as far as polymer, or carnuba based products. What does work on everything I have coated and tried, are the coating specific products by polish angel, car pro, gyeon.

It is also dependant on the product you wish to put on top of the coating, as much as the coating itself, so there is no direct answer.

I stick with car pro ech2o mixed ith gyeon. That is an incredible topper for coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
    It varies by the coating and the added product. Some will work, and others will nt play well as far as polymer, or carnuba based products. What does work on everything I have coated and tried, are the coating specific products by polish angel, car pro, gyeon.

It is also dependant on the product you wish to put on top of the coating, as much as the coating itself, so there is no direct answer.

I stick with car pro ech2o mixed ith gyeon. That is an incredible topper for coatings.
    I have Synergy tops with the Polish Angel high gloss right now. I want to top it in a couple of weeks with a carnauba wax

I also have the black carnauba arts I want to throw that in her mix at some point

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast