autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How do these compare to each other - Blackfire All-In-One Trim and Tire vs McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer

I am scheduling a detailing job on a Mini convertible and I am looking for a product I can use around the plastic pieces, engine compartment and tires.
    I am running out of !Z Vinyl-Rubber care and protectant along with Gummi Pflege Stift for the rubber trim on my Porsche Carrera, so perhaps these products can be replaced with Blackfire or McKee's.

I am also considering RaggTopp for the top, but that's a dedicated product and I would have to give it to the owner because I never do convertibles, so it would be a waste for me. Would consider buying it if nothing else out there would do as good a job as this dedicated product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do these compare to each other - Blackfire All-In-One Trim and Tire vs McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer

I haven't used it yet, but 303 Fabric Gaurd is supposed to good and can be used for fabric convertible tops.

Save the remainder and use on your, or your customers cars fabric and carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do these compare to each other - Blackfire All-In-One Trim and Tire vs McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer

I've used and reviewed both. Here are my reviews of each product:

Review: BLACKFIRE All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant

Review: McKee’s 37 Plastic Trim Restorer

They're different products.. The BLACKFIRE All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant is an "AIO" which means it has built-in cleaners in it. You can use it to dress dirty tires and plastic trim. This is perfect when you're washing a car without a hose via rinseless or waterless. The McKee’s 37 Plastic Trim Restorer is mainly used for faded plastics and would restore the look of it. This product also requires the surface to be clean. I wouldn't use this product on tires.

Are you planning to clean your tires before applying a dressing on it? If you are, I'd suggest a different product. McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel or any tire dressings would do. If you aren't planning to clean the tires before hand then the BLACKFIRE All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant would be perfect.

So for your plastic pieces and engine compartment, I would get the McKee’s 37 Plastic Trim Restorer especially if it's faded already. That's assuming you're going to clean them as well. But if you're not then the BLACKFIRE All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant would work. I think that the McKee's trim restorer would last longer.

So it really depends what you're planning to do and how long you want it to last.

Hope this helps.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team