autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie with a question

I just joined Autogeekonline!!!! For over 50 years have taken pride in keeping my cars in beautiful show and mechanical condition. I have tried many, many products, has anyone ever used Zaino Wax products? If so, I would like to hear what you think of them. I have also been a Girot's product user for years and still find some of their products excellent. Can anyone tell me the difference between Girot's Liquid Best of Show wax and their fairly new Poly Wax?
    Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie with a question

Welcome to AutoGeek, Lew!

Just a friendly quick word of caution on the forum rules here. They do not allow talk of products not sold by AutoGeek here on the AG forum. Because of that they'll frown on any request for info on Zaino products and any follow up discussion. They'll also, most likely, give you a pass on it because you are new here. They do sell Griots products and will welcome any and all discussion on their Best Of Show Wax and Poly Wax.

Again, welcome and I'm anxious to hear anyone's comments on Griot's.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Welcome to AutoGeek, Lew!

Just a friendly quick word of caution on the forum rules here. They do not allow talk of products not sold by AutoGeek here on the AG forum. Because of that they'll frown on any request for info on Zaino products and any follow up discussion. They'll also, most likely, give you a pass on it because you are new here. They do sell Griots products and will welcome any and all discussion on their Best Of Show Wax and Poly Wax.

Again, welcome and I'm anxious to hear anyone's comments on Griot's.
    Paul, Thank you for the welcome and friendly bit of advice!! I will never mention the other brand name again. As for Griot's products, I have been using them for years. I find their interior cleaner second to none. I have just started to use their spray wax as part of my car washing routine and am pleased with the results.
    My question on Poly Wax Vs. Best of Show Liquid, I just bought the Poly and it seems to do what Girots states for the product. That being said, is there a big difference between Poly and BoS Liquid wax?

Post Thanks / Like

This video should answer your question. Just hit play.

2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marc08ex View Post
    this video should answer your question. Just hit play.

thank you!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lew39 View Post
    thank you!!!!!!!!
    My pleasure.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Mike Phillips

I just joined Autogeekonline!!!!

For over 50 years have taken pride in keeping my cars in beautiful show and mechanical condition. I have tried many, many products, has anyone ever used Zaino Wax products? If so, I would like to hear what you think of them.
    Sal Zaino has great products. We don't carry them on the Autogeek store but I've known Sal for at least 10 years and he's a super nice guy and his most popular product, Zaino Z2 is a water beading son-of-a-gun... lasts a long time too. It's not a wax however, it's a pure synthetic sealant and before using it you supposed to chemically strip the paint to remove any oils or other impurities that would interfere wit the bonding of the Z2 to the paint.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Sal Zaino has great products. We don't carry them on the Autogeek store but I've known Sal for at least 10 years and he's a super nice guy and his most popular product, Zaino Z2 is a water beading son-of-a-gun... lasts a long time too. It's not a wax however, it's a pure synthetic sealant and before using it you supposed to chemically strip the paint to remove any oils or other impurities that would interfere wit the bonding of the Z2 to the paint.

Thank you Mike for the response. I have been using Griot's products longer than Zaino. I too have spoken to Sal many times and Z2 has been used on both of my cars with, as you say, good results. I am currently using and have and currently use many Girot's products (Leather Cleaner, Window Cleaner, Interior Cleaner, Plastic and Rubber, Multiple compounds, etc,) and happy with the results. I am always looking for new exterior products. I saw the Poly wax and remember back in time using best of show liquid wax, hence my question on the difference between Poly and Best of show (for which I reviewed the Girot's video). What is your take on Poly Vs. Best of Show in terms of finish and protection?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike for the response. I have been using Griot's products longer than Zaino. I too have spoken to Sal many times and Z2 has been used on both of my cars with, as you say, good results. I am currently using and have and currently use many Girot's products (Leather Cleaner, Window Cleaner, Interior Cleaner, Plastic and Rubber, Multiple compounds, etc,) and happy with the results. I am always looking for new exterior products. I saw the Poly wax and remember back in time using best of show liquid wax, hence my question on the difference between Poly and Best of show (for which I reviewed the Girot's video). What is your take on Poly Vs. Best of Show in terms of finish and protection?
    PS< I won't mention Sal's product again