autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Supplements for maguiars apc and super degreaser

SO the optimum and all clean...are they suppose to supplement for both the Megs apc and super degreaser? what is chemical guys equivalent or closest to in terms of the super degreaser? I like that megs super degreaser can be diluted and used even on tough spot removal jobs on the interiors and would like to find something I can get access to that would be similar

also wondering people thoughts from first hand use of both chemical guys all clean and the optimum power clean..thoughts preferences? They cost the same for me in bulk gallon format.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiCaLLioNStaLLyN View Post
    SO the optimum and all clean...are they suppose to supplement for both the Megs apc and super degreaser? what is chemical guys equivalent or closest to in terms of the super degreaser? I like that megs super degreaser can be diluted and used even on tough spot removal jobs on the interiors and would like to find something I can get access to that would be similar

also wondering people thoughts from first hand use of both chemical guys all clean and the optimum power clean..thoughts preferences? They cost the same for me in bulk gallon format.

Thanks
    While OPC is by far the best APC/degreaser I own and it can remove browning from tires at 3:1 that super degreaser couldn't remove when used undiluted. That said, it certainly isn't what I would consider when trying to supplement D108 or D101 simply because of Power Clean's price point in the states. It's great to have on hand because it works better than any other cleaner undiluted or even diluted at 3:1. But at 10:1 it's cleaning ability drops off quite a bit where D108 Super Degreaser and D101 APC are still very effective at these higher dilution ratios which makes them a better value. If you decide to buy OPC, I think you could get away with 3:1 for exterior uses and 7:1 for interior.

If you have access to Mckee's 37 High Intensity APC+ I'd say it's a great supplement for D101 & D108. At 10:1 it's safe and very similar to Megs APC in terms of cleaning ability at this dilution. At 4:1 it's better than Meg's APC for exterior cleaning but I do think D108 is still a bit better at the 4:1 dilution ratio than mckee's so I'm not sure you could use it in place of both products for this reason.

Simple answer....
    1. Optimum Power Clean overall is safest AND has the best cleaning power, so if you have access to it for less than the Meg's Products then that's a steal. Only other downside is poor cleaning ability at higher dilution ratios.
    2. Mckee's 37 APC+ is probably the most comparable to D101 & D108 in it's foaming and cleaning ability at higher dilutions and has a pleasant scent.
    3. Have not tried Chemical Guys All Clean+ but the dilutions are better than any of these products and it's suppose to be safe and effective for interior and exterior cleaning/degreasing

Too bad you don't have access to 3D products, they are simple and effective much like products in the meguiars detailer line

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Power Clean is a great product. Probably my favorite APC. But as stated above, it's relatively expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Gtechniq W2 is the best APC I have ever used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    While OPC is by far the best APC/degreaser I own and it can remove browning from tires at 3:1 that super degreaser couldn't remove when used undiluted. That said, it certainly isn't what I would consider when trying to supplement D108 or D101 simply because of Power Clean's price point in the states. It's great to have on hand because it works better than any other cleaner undiluted or even diluted at 3:1. But at 10:1 it's cleaning ability drops off quite a bit where D108 Super Degreaser and D101 APC are still very effective at these higher dilution ratios which makes them a better value. If you decide to buy OPC, I think you could get away with 3:1 for exterior uses and 7:1 for interior.

If you have access to Mckee's 37 High Intensity APC+ I'd say it's a great supplement for D101 & D108. At 10:1 it's safe and very similar to Megs APC in terms of cleaning ability at this dilution. At 4:1 it's better than Meg's APC for exterior cleaning but I do think D108 is still a bit better at the 4:1 dilution ratio than mckee's so I'm not sure you could use it in place of both products for this reason.

Simple answer....
    1. Optimum Power Clean overall is safest AND has the best cleaning power, so if you have access to it for less than the Meg's Products then that's a steal. Only other downside is poor cleaning ability at higher dilution ratios.
    2. Mckee's 37 APC+ is probably the most comparable to D101 & D108 in it's foaming and cleaning ability at higher dilutions and has a pleasant scent.
    3. Have not tried Chemical Guys All Clean+ but the dilutions are better than any of these products and it's suppose to be safe and effective for interior and exterior cleaning/degreasing

Too bad you don't have access to 3D products, they are simple and effective much like products in the meguiars detailer line
    Thanks for that informative post. I can get a gallon of opc for $45. Same.price as chemical guys all clean gallon. So for me I find that pricing still economical.

Opc seems like it's less scented that the citrus all clean.

Only other line I have access to bulk in is griots.

Ya for what I'm hearing about 3 d im missing out

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    Gtechniq W2 is the best APC I have ever used.
    Just heard about the gyechniq....I have access to a dealer for it but not sure if in bulk and is it cost effective? Can it be diluted?

Post Thanks / Like

Britemax Grimeout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss Ultimate Orange. I use it 1:20 in interiors and it's better than anything else I've used in the exterior (APC wise) not called Power Clean.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up zeps super degreaser concentrate. Cost me $14 for 4l that can make up to 80l. I'll try it out worst case scenario it strictly for engines

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    Duragloss Ultimate Orange. I use it 1:20 in interiors and it's better than anything else I've used in the exterior (APC wise) not called Power Clean.
    No access

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast