autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Detailing Classes Learn Car Detailing Mike Phillips Autogeek

Detailing Classes Learn Car Detailing Mike Phillips Autogeek

I get e-mails from people asking when our next class is and how much it costs?

The class is three times a year, (see below) and the there day class is $1,795.00

On the top of the AG store and this forum are graphics that tell a story... you now, a picture tells a thousand words?

Except sometimes we can't see the forrest through the trees....

So if you found this page via a Google search, then look at the pictures below and then click where it points to click.

On the Autogeek store (you'll find it at the top of any page)

On the AutogeekOnline.net car detailing discussion forum (you'll find it at the top of any page)

When are the classes?

The classes here at Autogeek are the same time every year and that's because the majority of people that attend these classes,

A: Fly in or drive in from around the United States.

B: Fly in from other countries.

For the above two reasons plus when you take into consideration anyone flying to Stuart has to plan and budge for,

• Airline tickets
    • Hotel rooms
    • Rental cars
    • Food and drink while away from home
    • Money spent AFTER the class on tools and products
    • The cost of the class

For the above reasons, we have always held the classes THE SAME TIME each year. So if you found this page via Google and are wondering when the next class is? The classes here at Autogeek are,

1. Last weekend in January.
    2. First weekend in May.
    3. Last weekend in September.

As I type this there's only one seat left in the May class and we're 4 weeks away so for the most part, it is sold out.

The January class was sold out and the September class always fills up the fastest and it will sell out.

So make your plans, clear your schedule and get signed up for the class that fits your schedule and then don't worry about missing out when you can fit our class into your schedule.

Any questions give me or Andre a call

Mike: 1-800-869-3011 x206

Andre - 1-800-869-3011 x244

Mike Phillips

Re: Detailing Classes Learn Car Detailing Mike Phillips Autogeek

Deja vu all over again....

I write this article and then check my Facebook messages and have a message from a guy in Kosova asking me about our classes...

(I gave him the link to this thread)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any specific reason for the price increase for the class other than now it's branded with a tv show?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 2quikta View Post

Is there any specific reason for the price increase for the class other than now it's branded with a tv show?
    The price of the class reflects the value of the class.

The price has nothing to do with the TV show. The name of the class was changed to connect the branding of the class plus to be honest, I personally never liked the name boot camp. Others here at AG liked the term boot camp and I fully understand and get the connection but I still never liked being associated with boots.

I'm all about cars, detailing and teaching.

I just had a past student in my office, his name is Clint McFarland. Clint travelled 1000 miles one way to attend my class. Clint told me in person that taking my class was the best decision he ever made. He's considering coming back again.

Sad to say, Clint doesn't get on computers and never shared his testimony on this forum. That's common. I wish mike of my students would get on this forum and share their testimony but alas... most seem to be computer challenged.

Clint told me he would email me his experience and when he does I'll post it here and on the "Testimony Thread".

For the upcoming May class, two people attending are repeat students. One guy, the owner of a car wash in Colorado had been to one previous class and his shop manager has been to 2 classes.

Besides the class cost they'll be flying here, getting a rental car and hotel rooms.

That's a pretty good testimony in and of itself for "value".

Great question - thank you for asking it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I signed up for the May class and I'm booking my flights and rooms. Is there any value to staying an extra day to observe and learn from the IDA SV testing?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    The price of the class reflects the value of the class.

The price has nothing to do with the TV show. The name of the class was changed to connect the branding of the class plus to be honest, I personally never liked the name boot camp. Others here at AG liked the term boot camp and I fully understand and get the connection but I still never liked being associated with boots.
    I understand the class has value, I've told my wife when we can swing it I'd love to sign up! I just happened to notice after it changed to the tv show branded class, the cost went up $500. I'm not saying $1800 isn't still a value for the class.

Post Thanks / Like

One of these days I wish to attend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce2High View Post
    I signed up for the May class and I'm booking my flights and rooms. Is there any value to staying an extra day to observe and learn from the IDA SV testing?
    The IDA SV test is a skills test taken after you complete the IDA CD "Certified Detailer" test which can be done online. As this is a time slotted one on one test I don't believe that you would achieve anything. I am not even sure you would be allowed to watch a skills test being taken. Guess Mike can let you know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Little hint, gents: order the class during a sale... unless specifically excluded, discount applies to class price... Shhhhh...
    1994 300ZX 2+2 MT, sole owner, 239K mi
    2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD
    2014 Maserati Quattroporte GTS

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce2High View Post

Cool! Looking forward to meeting you and having you in the class. We have some GREAT cars lined up to work on! We always have the coolest cars in the industry out of any other class taught by any other person for our students to learn and train on.

Training Cars for the May 2017 Competition Ready Detailing Class here at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

As for sticking around on Monday for the IDA SV testing? According to IDA rules the testing is one-on-one. While it would give you a real-time view of what to expect if you ever take the test it's not really something the IDA would approve of...

The SV testing for one person takes about 2 hours. It actually takes a lot of work to set-up the garage for the testing including having 4 cars about 200+ products, pads, towels, and tools on hand and ready for the student to use. Tools includes not only buffers but extractors and steam machines etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 2quikta View Post

I understand the class has value, I've told my wife when we can swing it I'd love to sign up! I just happened to notice after it changed to the tv show branded class, the cost went up $500. I'm not saying $1800 isn't still a value for the class.
    Actually the class price only went up $300.00. It went from $1500.00 to $1,800.00 and I guarantee it is the best and most hands-on class on planet earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyb View Post

The IDA SV test is a skills test taken after you complete the IDA CD "Certified Detailer" test which can be done online. As this is a time slotted one on one test I don't believe that you would achieve anything. I am not even sure you would be allowed to watch a skills test being taken.

Guess Mike can let you know for sure.

You explained and described it perfectly Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinLow View Post

Little hint, gents: order the class during a sale... unless specifically excluded, discount applies to class price...

Shhhhh...

Wow!

I didn't know this or think about it... guess the cat's out of the bag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast