autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Longest Lasting Paint Sealant?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackfire Crystal Sealant

13 7.69%
  • Chemical Guys Jet Seal

5 2.96%
  • Klasse Sealat Glaze

25 14.79%
  • McKee 37 High Def Sealant

8 4.73%
  • Meguiars Synthetic Sealant 2.0

7 4.14%
  • Optimum Opti-Seal

18 10.65%
  • Pinnacle Black Diamond Sealant

7 4.14%
  • RejeX Sealant

8 4.73%
  • RUPES 808 Sealant

2 1.18%
  • Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant

76 44.97%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longest lasting Synthetic Paint Sealant for Daily Driver? (poll)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    The Speed/476 combo only lasts you for two months?

Either the desert environment is that harsh, or I am missing something.

No desert here on Eastern Long Island, but we have high humidity, freezing cold temperatures, road salt, and sleet/rain mixes during the winter months.

I have never seen less than 8-9 months of protection with this combo.
    My guess is that HD Speeds weak layer of protection is interfering with the Colinites ability to properly bond, resulting in a shorter lifespan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Sorry, but I don't buy that a sealant will last for years. (Even a coating for that matter)

Also, the linking of that product that is not sold by AutoGeek is against the forum rules.
    Strange how the member just joined, only has 2 post and has a direct link to a "last years" sealant. I'm totally going to throw my money at it...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It will last for years if you hand wash your car. My father in-law bought a ford ranger in the early 90s
    And put this sealant on and his truck looked freshly waxed for 11 years which is hard for me to
    Believe also cause he doesn’t have the truck anymore,I never saw it but he doesn’t have any reason
    To lie to me. I looked into the product and Jewelultra manufactures their own products for the last
    25 years. Take it or leave it but my f150 looks great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bb98057 View Post
    It will last for years if you hand wash your car. My father in-law bought a ford ranger in the early 90s
    And put this sealant on and his truck looked freshly waxed for 11 years which is hard for me to
    Believe also cause he doesn’t have the truck anymore,I never saw it but he doesn’t have any reason
    To lie to me. I looked into the product and Jewelultra manufactures their own products for the last
    you have the most technologically advanced undiscovered stealing in the world that no one in any of these groups has ever heard of tested or compared you sir are a genius

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, I am sorry.

But this forum is managed by probably the most product-rich detailing supply company on the planet.

In addition, they employ a man named Mike Phillips. He knows just a tad more than anyone else. (Sarcastic Understatement).

If the product you are touting was what you claim, Mike (or others here) would have already given us the heads-up. They have not.

Could I possibly be wrong? Sure.

But this does not change the fact that you are breaking the forum rules by linking to this product. And on Amazon as well.

Please give the forum rules a quick read...........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss sealants any of these 111, 105, 501 +601

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    My guess is that HD Speeds weak layer of protection is interfering with the Colinites ability to properly bond, resulting in a shorter lifespan.
    Exactly what I was thinking too. I can't see why you'd want a layer of anything with less longevity than your LSP under your LSP.

Hard for us to believe too. Extreme claims require extreme evidence. Other than your opinion of your car and your dad's truck, what evidence do you have? How can you know the product is still there?

How are you washing your car? What wash product? Anything else every applied? How much beading or sheeting action is the sealant showing?

If you want to see how it performs, try something like this: polish one panel of your car and divide it into 3 sections. Apply your magical product to one third, Sonax PNS to another section, and leave the last 1/3 with no product. Get back to us in 6 months with a video of water sheeting on these 3 sections.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an interesting experiment, if you decide to do it, then let me know

Post Thanks / Like

I'd put Power Lock up against anything in that poll. I'm surprised it's not one of the options.

12. Likes rstark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inDetail View Post
    I'm sure some of these have been mentioned. Collinite 476, 845, Polish Angel Master Sealant, Soft 99 Fusso Coat (Epic water behavior, durability and starting to get cheaper in the states) Prima Epic ( I have personally had 7 months with 2 coats before it started to fail with proper maintenance and detailer spray toppers. I'm sure there is more.
    It all depends what you are looking for there are always trade offs but they are becoming less and less with the introduction of Si02, Ti02 into traditional wax and sealant formats. If you wants tons of Gloss and Durability and can handle the one time cost of admission including upkeep products, the stringent guidelines for install get a coating. If you want easy do it anywhere durability no special tools needed get a traditional sealant or a heavy hitter wax like 476. If you want something with the look of a great wax or sealant but 1/2 or slightly less durability of a coating grab a hybrid wax or a coating sealant. They are expensive up front but you will be able to use them longer because the shelf life is longer then a coating. You can look into TAC Systems Moonlight, Jays Wax Ceramic, Angel Wax Enigma, Fireball Fusion, Kamikaze Infinity, In2Detailing Ceramic, Wax Planet: Oblivion and Shield of Dreams V2, WaxAddict: Quartz, Kudos and Vortex, Edition 21, Power Maxed Tsunami. Some of them can be had in panel pots which allows you for a test drive ( I don't know of any coating to be had for a test drive.) yes some panel pots are expensive but some can do a small sedan twice. Many of these will be hard to find in the states but shipping from some of the UK companies is not always expensive or they flat rate you a high price. I think Wax Planet is reasonable on shippiing. You would have to send emails and get prices to make sure there are no hidden export fees.
    U know I now live in Japan and can't find fusso coat anywhere and have to order it online to get it but when I did, it didn't last very long here in Japan. I got maybe 6 weeks out of it.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast