autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Longest Lasting Paint Sealant?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackfire Crystal Sealant

13 7.69%
  • Chemical Guys Jet Seal

5 2.96%
  • Klasse Sealat Glaze

25 14.79%
  • McKee 37 High Def Sealant

8 4.73%
  • Meguiars Synthetic Sealant 2.0

7 4.14%
  • Optimum Opti-Seal

18 10.65%
  • Pinnacle Black Diamond Sealant

7 4.14%
  • RejeX Sealant

8 4.73%
  • RUPES 808 Sealant

2 1.18%
  • Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant

76 44.97%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longest lasting Synthetic Paint Sealant for Daily Driver? (poll)

So collineite called me today and we had a good talk about my environment (middle of the desert... literally) and we are gonna do some testing with insulator wax and 476s to see how it does against fk1000p. Fk is very easy to apply and my clients are extremely happy with it's longevity but if I can offer something with an even longer durability timeframe then that's great for everyone

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    Gtechniq C2
    This is good stuff but more like a coating. You have to apply on a clean surface

Post Thanks / Like

Zaino

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure some of these have been mentioned. Collinite 476, 845, Polish Angel Master Sealant, Soft 99 Fusso Coat (Epic water behavior, durability and starting to get cheaper in the states) Prima Epic ( I have personally had 7 months with 2 coats before it started to fail with proper maintenance and detailer spray toppers. I'm sure there is more.
    It all depends what you are looking for there are always trade offs but they are becoming less and less with the introduction of Si02, Ti02 into traditional wax and sealant formats. If you wants tons of Gloss and Durability and can handle the one time cost of admission including upkeep products, the stringent guidelines for install get a coating. If you want easy do it anywhere durability no special tools needed get a traditional sealant or a heavy hitter wax like 476. If you want something with the look of a great wax or sealant but 1/2 or slightly less durability of a coating grab a hybrid wax or a coating sealant. They are expensive up front but you will be able to use them longer because the shelf life is longer then a coating. You can look into TAC Systems Moonlight, Jays Wax Ceramic, Angel Wax Enigma, Fireball Fusion, Kamikaze Infinity, In2Detailing Ceramic, Wax Planet: Oblivion and Shield of Dreams V2, WaxAddict: Quartz, Kudos and Vortex, Edition 21, Power Maxed Tsunami. Some of them can be had in panel pots which allows you for a test drive ( I don't know of any coating to be had for a test drive.) yes some panel pots are expensive but some can do a small sedan twice. Many of these will be hard to find in the states but shipping from some of the UK companies is not always expensive or they flat rate you a high price. I think Wax Planet is reasonable on shippiing. You would have to send emails and get prices to make sure there are no hidden export fees.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Post Thanks / Like

How long has anyone gotten out of PA Master Sealant? How about Pinnacle Diamond Sealant?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    So collineite called me today and we had a good talk about my environment (middle of the desert... literally) and we are gonna do some testing with insulator wax and 476s to see how it does against fk1000p. Fk is very easy to apply and my clients are extremely happy with it's longevity but if I can offer something with an even longer durability timeframe then that's great for everyone

looking forward to your findings
    I am now currently deciding whether to get an 845 or fk1000p for my rims

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread and wisdom. Thank you all. As a DIY'er I like to keep it simple when and where possible. I will be trying Gyeon Can coat on my new vehicle but would like to apply a paint sealant to my daily driver.

Which one of these sealants can applied to all exterior surfaces , painted, unpainted, plastic, metal, glass both porous and non porous? One stop shopping!

Keeping in line with the theme of great protection with minimal time investment sure would be nice if you could be confident one product could be applied without staining/discoloring any surface especially the black plastics. Get great paint protection, decent glass,wheel and black trim/molding protection all in one product.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfenne View Post
    Great thread and wisdom. Thank you all. As a DIY'er I like to keep it simple when and where possible. I will be trying Gyeon Can coat on my new vehicle but would like to apply a paint sealant to my daily driver.

Which one of these sealants can applied to all exterior surfaces , painted, unpainted, plastic, metal, glass both porous and non porous? One stop shopping!

Keeping in line with the theme of great protection with minimal time investment sure would be nice if you could be confident one product could be applied without staining/discoloring any surface especially the black plastics. Get great paint protection, decent glass,wheel and black trim/molding protection all in one product.

Thanks in advance.
    I just ordered some but it sounds like McKees new 10min Sealant would fit the bill for you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I just ordered some but it sounds like McKees new 10min Sealant would fit the bill for you

I don't know if the McKees 10 min Sealant can be applied to black plastic (smooth and pebble grained) as I haven't been able to get an answer from anyone. But, Ultima Paint Guard Plus which is also a WOWA sealant with Polycharger can be used on glass, chrome, rubber, paint, smooth black plastic and pebble black plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inDetail View Post
    I'm sure some of these have been mentioned. Collinite 476, 845, Polish Angel Master Sealant, Soft 99 Fusso Coat (Epic water behavior, durability and starting to get cheaper in the states) Prima Epic ( I have personally had 7 months with 2 coats before it started to fail with proper maintenance and detailer spray toppers. I'm sure there is more.
    Did you use a spray sealant on top of for the 7 months? If so, I'm not sure how you would know the durability of it. I could claim 2 years of protection for any sealant with the caveat that I covered it with Aquawax every two weeks. Any sealant or coating that requires another product over it seems like a scam to me.

I'm going to create a sealant or coating with this sales pitch:

Ripppy's Ultra-Protect Forever Auto Shield Emerald Coat is guaranteed to protect your car for 3 years! Watch water fly off the paint. Our coating* is guaranteed** to protect your paint for THREE FULL YEARS.***

*Not really a coating in the sense that any reasonable person would expect.
    **Provided you use the product as specified and apply our Ultra Gloss coating enhancer every 8 days per instructions.
    ***Assuming your vehicle is adequately prepared with our Magic Shine coating prep polish and not exposed to any harsh conditions.****
    ****"Harsh" being defined as weather.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast