autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Differences between Rinseless/Waterless mixed QD and dedicated QD

Have you all noticed a difference or benefit between dedicated QD products and QD made from WW/RW?

I've been making QD from ONR because it's more economical and I can leave bottles in the garage, cars, etc. without worrying about cost due to evaporation, etc.

I've often wondered if dedicated QD products without wax offer better benefits or not. I have a few of those but don't use them as often.

Thanks,

Rick

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Differences between Rinseless/Waterless mixed QD and dedicated QD

Most dedicated QD's leave some protection behind on the paint and provide at least a small amount of gloss enhancement. Those are definitely benefits to some. Others may prefer a qd mixed from specific ww/rw solutions if they want something to just clean without leaving anything behind for protection or to alter the look of the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    Have you all noticed a difference or benefit between dedicated QD products and QD made from WW/RW?

I've been making QD from ONR because it's more economical and I can leave bottles in the garage, cars, etc. without worrying about cost due to evaporation, etc.

I've often wondered if dedicated QD products without wax offer better benefits or not. I have a few of those but don't use them as often.

Thanks,

Rick

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    im not sure but the store bought quick detailers seem to be much more oily

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    im not sure but the store bought quick detailers seem to be much more oily
    I've tried only 4-5 quick detailers. Meguiar's, Mother's and most recently Wolfgang Uber rinseless at QD ratio. All I will say is that I will not be paying $5-8 for a bottle 18-24 oz of QD when I can make a gallon of Uber QD for $2.50 ($2.50 is including the cost of a gallon of distilled water).

Uber QD definitely leaves something behind and is very easy to remove. At $.62 a 32 oz spray bottle I don't worry about how much I use. Buy a gallon of Uber when on sale, the small bottle is not nearly as cost effective. Best part is at 3 oz to 128oz Uber rinseless QD is the same ratio as recommended for waterless wash.

I always have a gallon of Meguiar's D114 rinseless mixed as a QD at 1oz to one gallon distilled water. I would like to try ONR too

Post Thanks / Like

I use Meguiar's D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax as my quick detailer. I mix it at a 4:1 ratio so one gallon of D115 makes five gallons of quick detailer for about one-fifth the cost of traditional quick detailers.

Mix ratios can be diluted higher (up to 20:1 according to the instructions) to reduce cost even more but I prefer the extra lubricity and wax left behind afforded by the 4:1 ratio for my black vehicles.

I don't ever see myself paying for a traditional quick detailer again as the cost and performance of the "rinseless" provides everything I need, including some level of wax protection.

Post Thanks / Like

I use CarPro Ech20 as my QD just because it plays extremely well with a coated car. But before that product came out, I always used UWW+, ONR, and Wolfgangs in QD dilution just because it's cheaper.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any new opinions on dedicated QD products versus WW/RW mixed QD sprays?

I'm using Wolfgang Uber RW as a detail spray and have been very happy with it. You can't beat the value.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

In my mind, good dedicated QDs leave a better shine than most diluted WW/RW QDs. My wife randomly has given compliments that her car looks extra nice after using some (BF, Pinnacle, Poorboy’s, Mckees) whereas she hasn’t done so much when I clean 2-3 times a week with diluted ones. I also see a very finished shine after using the dedicated ones compared to my excessive usage of the diluted.

With all this being said, it could be all in my head since I know what I’m using and the whole de thing could be coincidence. Regardless, the cars look nice after using either, and the difference may be minute enough that it’s not worth the cost difference unless you don’t care about the $$$ and want the very smallest of gloss increase for only a day at a time. I consider the dedicated QDs to be my “date night” topper, and only use when the car is barely dirty at all. Gotta use WW/RW for any medium cleaning, which is another value of these over dedicated QDs.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried Wolfgang Uber, ultima, and Ech20 by itself and personally I feel none can come close to Griots speed shine in terms of lubricity and shine. Mixing up a batch of Merlin’s (I use shine supply Clutch instead of reload). 2.5 oz of clutch (sio2 spray of your choice) to 3oz of Ech20 in 32 oz bottle. For me only thing better than GG SS. Been trying new mix of 2/2/2oz to 32 oz bottle of same mix adding hydro2 (not concentrated)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Tried Wolfgang Uber, ultima, and Ech20 by itself and personally I feel none can come close to Griots speed shine in terms of lubricity and shine. Mixing up a batch of Merlin’s (I use shine supply Clutch instead of reload). 2.5 oz of clutch (sio2 spray of your choice) to 3oz of Ech20 in 32 oz bottle. For me only thing better than GG SS. Been trying new mix of 2/2/2oz to 32 oz bottle of same mix adding hydro2 (not concentrated)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you ever tried this? I dunno if it gets overlooked because it’s OTC but I’d still rate it as the best waterless wash I’ve ever used.

Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, waterless wash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast