autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

After 2 years of detailing in garage, and 9+ years of detailing.

Anyone who details for a profession knows how stressful it is sometimes. I have been detailing inside the garage to determine whether opening up a detail shop was a true passion of mine. Detailing is a big passion but I also believe that passion only exist when you make money. If you don't make money and is always stressed, the passion will diminish over time. I have been getting great reviews with a huge audience. Even when I am detailing in my own garage, I am getting 2 full details every day, $200+ a piece. The reason I posted this thread was because I want to make more money. Passion is one thing, but not now I am getting older, I want to make more money.

Yes, there are a lot of detail shops out there that makes good money. Pretty soon I have to make a decision if I want to open up a car wash or a detail shop that caters to people who actually care about their car. I am totally against car washes with harsh brushes so I am planning to build a laser wash like a tunnel, along with a detail center. Half of the customers who email via yelp never respond back after hearing how long my car wash takes and the price. So I think a car wash tunnel will help me tremendously to grab more customers. I know this is auto geek and we all care about cars. What do you guys think about my plans?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: After 2 years of detailing in garage, and 9+ years of detailing.

Problem is majority of people shop around and will go with the $100 wash and buff guy who ruins the paint. Also most non car people hate the touchless wash, bc it doesn't "clean" thier car. They think thier unwashed for 1 year car should come out looking new.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a laser wash near me that has 4 stalls and 3 self wash bays. The laser always has cars due to the area it's in, good local detailer paid to advertise his detailing services at the car wash, he picked up good business from it. The laser wash keeps busy 24x7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Problem is majority of people shop around and will go with the $100 wash and buff guy who ruins the paint. Also most non car people hate the touchless wash, bc it doesn't "clean" thier car. They think thier unwashed for 1 year car should come out looking new.
    I think it depends on the touchless wash system. I do agree with you, majority of the people do not want to spend money and want to get the cheapest detail possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HCF View Post
    I have a laser wash near me that has 4 stalls and 3 self wash bays. The laser always has cars due to the area it's in, good local detailer paid to advertise his detailing services at the car wash, he picked up good business from it. The laser wash keeps busy 24x7
    Yes, laser wash are good and seems to make a ton of money. I have 1-2 bad car washes around me with really bad reviews so was wondering if I should make a laser wash tunnel system. If the car is very dirty, I can prep the car before the car goes in the tunnel. Detailing in a shop is good money at best. However, I think having a shop with a tunnel will make you serious dough. My thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who currently has a car wash want to chime in? Probably the wrong forum to ask but I feel comfortable here

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, $400 per day? That sounds really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    -Mr. Slick, Palm Springs' Mobile Detailer