autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Turn this Building into a Top Notch Detail Center......Need your ideas and Tips

All suggestions are Welcome, I already have a Game Plan, but looking for others opinions and ideas, From Flooring to Lighting.....

I recently closed on this Property, it was on the Market for only One day with a Offer already on the Table ( this is Prime Location ) So I made a Cash Offer , Listed at $340,000.00 but with a Cash offer of $325,000.00 I was able to get the Property with a couple of contingences......still pending ( Foundation, Roofing etc.)........So, Money Still Talks !!

So I want to hear from ANY of you Especially Shop and Garage Owners, How would you turn this building into a First class Detailing Shop....
    its currently 1600 Square Feet (but the property is 1 acre which gives me plenty of room to expand in both directions ( front, back or sides )...
    My first idea is to knock out the front and replace with glass roll up doors and the Rear of Building with Metal roll up doors. The building is perfectly wired to handle a enormous amount of Electricity, floor has about 4 drains......
    I would really like Input on Lighting....T5,T8 or Led......Positioning of Lights...Vertical or Horizontal and Ceiling Layout.
    My Primary Colors are RED,White and Black........
    Display Road sign is about 50 feet tall....very visible..,,,,
    So let me hear your ideas......treat it as if you owned it and what you would do.......

Thinking of using this for the Road Sign......either lit with standard or Led .....

front of building

rear of building

front side

Entrance Sign

Inside 17 feet in width

Floor with drain.......I could use this floor, but any ideas would be great

Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turn this Building into a Top Notch Detail Center......Need your ideas and Tips

Cool place!!! Can't wait to see the semi finished product! They are never really DONE
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turn this Building into a Top Notch Detail Center......Need your ideas and Tips

Do you know the original purpose of that building?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

This looks like a place (that I used
    to stop by and grab a bite to eat at
    every now and then) that's located
    off the Eastern Bypass.

If so: Good Location.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I like your logo. It's attractive and simply clear, it communicates the purpose of the business very well. Blown up and on that sign post will get people's attention, no doubt!

Post Thanks / Like

i like it.
    Like the building, like the outdoor space.
    Hope it works out.
    Keep us updated as it all unfolds.

Post Thanks / Like

Waffle House? Really nice location I would like to see a high roof outdoor tall truck bay. I have a 9ft. tall Sprinter van and can imagine a double bay open shelter by the back door for 4x4's and Big rigs while they are at the club. Make sure to get paid in advance in case they spend it all at the club.

Post Thanks / Like

How will you be getting vehicles inside the building and out of the sun and weather? Will you be the building owner or renting. If you are the owner then there is no problem with cutting a roll up door in the side for access. But if renting will the landlord allow the needed construction.
    Once the vehicles are inside the building the first thing would be lighting, then water (both hot and cold), then a dedicated air drying system. Could just be lawn blower or maybe even stationary warm air blowers. Don't forget room heating. Will you be doing coatings? Maybe consider quartz heater to speed setting.
    For the outside a big awning or gazebo to keep finished vehicle clean, dry, and out of the sun before the client picks it up. Possibly even a compressed air system to blow dust off the vehicles before they are brought inside. Maybe an outdoor wash bay so two (or more) vehicles could be worked on at the same time. Unfortunately it looks like the vehicles will have to go in and out the same door since it appears that flow through driving won't be possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I would rent it out.Or convert to a conveyor type carwash.As far as detailing solely I may take a while to recoup your money back.A great smooth well run detail shop will gross about 250k a year then deduct all your expenses payroll etc.At 250 a year that's a lot of cars to detail.Turn it into a carwash ,and if there is enough traffic you will make alot more money and have something to sell in 10 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast