autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gyeon MOHS Q2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon MOHS Q2

Quote Originally Posted by rjk512 View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone...

Honestly, I was pretty concerned about the price, but diluting the Carpro spray seems pretty economical, and I'll definitely consider it.

So safe to say I won't have any issues with QDs as long as they ARE a QD and not a spray-wax product, but some are more optimized for coated cars than others?

Trust me for a quick detailer just use the Ech2o mixed with some reload. Many other detailers don't play well on top of coatings. You need very little used, a little goes a long way. I use is at 1oz to 20oz of water. Then a light mist per panel.

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Mohs at 8 months - topped with ECH2O/Cure. It's a winning combination. In terms of hardness, I think it's pretty good compared to PBL, 22PLE and Wolfgang. More on par with C1, but it does swirl and scratch, as evidenced by my recent service done by Tesla. Had some scratches on the quarter panel that came out with some HD Polish without any difficulty (coating reapplied). However, these swirls were covered by a low speed quick buff with CarPro Essence Plus.

Gyeon MOHS Q2-1488127628357-jpg
    Gyeon MOHS Q2-1488127642050-jpg

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Clarification: scratches along quarter panel were corrected with HD Polish. Swirls caused by dealer were filled in with E+.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

You need a DO NOT WASH sign for your car when you take it to the dealership.

I never let them touch mine.

Post Thanks / Like

The red rags of love from your service center are used to wipe oil grease smudges off 1/4 panels hoods fenders etc. I see it all the time and cringe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Can also wash with Gyeon Bathe+ which gives a little SiO2 boost each wash. For our coated cars I usually:
    - Wash with Gyeon Bathe or Bathe+ (used to use WG Auto Bathe whihc have some insignificant glossing agents in it but now that it's gone, it'll be strictly Gyeon Bathe or Bathe+)
    - Once a month I'll give it a rinse after wash with Gyeon Wetcoat or go over it post-wash with Gyeon Cure sprayed on microfiber applicator (seems to be easier this way and uses less product)
    - If'n I wanna clean off some dust or something between washes I use Poorboy's Spray & Wipe which cleans but doesn't leave any glossing agents or such behind.

Just for fun last Friday I washed with Bathe+, rinsed with Wetcoat and then applied Cure. Likely a was perhaps overkill (i.e. 'waste') but why not.

Did use Gyeon MOHS for the first time last week...I like it. Very easy to use. After doing the vehicle, I had some left over so I used some Menz2400, Rupes Keramik Gloss Fine Gel Polish and Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine Gel Polish to remove 9-month old WG Uber Ceramic (or what was left of it) from the trunk lid of a black 2016 WRX and applied 3 layers of the Gyeon Mohs just to see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
    And it works much better and last waaaaY longer than V07 to boot. V07 is more suited to waxed cars than coated as well.
    Why would anyone use VO7 (sealant) over a waxed surface?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Why would anyone use VO7 (sealant) over a waxed surface?
    Good catch been a few years since I have used it. Yes apply over bare paint.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been researching a lot over the past few days, and especially from what you guys have said, I'm thinking that the Gyeon MOHS Q2 and Ech2o as a QD is the way to go...

One other question - any limitation on car wash soap? I use Meguiar's Gold Class on everything because it's easy to come by around here and works great for what I need. I read on a website description somewhere that it does not really matter what soap you use (although some do provide benefits for coated vehicles).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjk512 View Post
    I've been researching a lot over the past few days, and especially from what you guys have said, I'm thinking that the Gyeon MOHS Q2 and Ech2o as a QD is the way to go...

One other question - any limitation on car wash soap? I use Meguiar's Gold Class on everything because it's easy to come by around here and works great for what I need. I read on a website description somewhere that it does not really matter what soap you use (although some do provide benefits for coated vehicles).
    This is kind of along the same lines as using QD with coatings. You don't want to use soaps that leave anything behind ideally. Carpro reset, Gyeon Bathe and Gyeon Bathe+ are made for coatings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast