autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gyeon MOHS Q2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon MOHS Q2

Quick question about the Gyeon MOHS Q2... It boasts hardness as one of its main features, so I was curious as to how difficult it is to polish it "off" when it is time to re-apply, or if I should just want to get rid of it and start from scratch??

Another quick question, what is an appropriate product to use as a QD with it? I currently use CG Hybrid V07 spray on two trucks currently done with Blackfire WD Sealant and would like to keep using it if possible. Any problems with using that spray on the Gyeon coating?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon MOHS Q2

Hey man. No coating except for maybe one or two professional grade ones need anything more than a good polish to get off. Anything you can buy as a consumer does not need wet sanding, only polish. As for a good detailer, there's never real issues with using any detailer but Hybrid V07 is more of a synthetic spray wax it seems than a true quick detailer so you can use it but it'll replace the coating's properties with its own. Ultimately it's your choice, but I would suggest since you're looking at Gyeon MOHS Q2, I'd suggest Gyeon Cure GYEON Q2M Cure - 400 ml

Post Thanks / Like

Another option for a quick detailer is Carpro Ech2o diluted to a detail spray. It is a waterless wash/detail spray designed for coated cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11Silverado View Post
    Another option for a quick detailer is Carpro Ech2o diluted to a detail spray. It is a waterless wash/detail spray designed for coated cars.
    And it works much better and last waaaaY longer than V07 to boot. V07 is more suited to waxed cars than coated as well.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info everyone...

Honestly, I was pretty concerned about the price, but diluting the Carpro spray seems pretty economical, and I'll definitely consider it.

So safe to say I won't have any issues with QDs as long as they ARE a QD and not a spray-wax product, but some are more optimized for coated cars than others?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Hey man. No coating except for maybe one or two professional grade ones need anything more than a good polish to get off. Anything you can buy as a consumer does not need wet sanding, only polish. As for a good detailer, there's never real issues with using any detailer but Hybrid V07 is more of a synthetic spray wax it seems than a true quick detailer so you can use it but it'll replace the coating's properties with its own. Ultimately it's your choice, but I would suggest since you're looking at Gyeon MOHS Q2, I'd suggest Gyeon Cure GYEON Q2M Cure - 400 ml
    Agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjk512 View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone...

Honestly, I was pretty concerned about the price, but diluting the Carpro spray seems pretty economical, and I'll definitely consider it.

So safe to say I won't have any issues with QDs as long as they ARE a QD and not a spray-wax product, but some are more optimized for coated cars than others?
    Carpro Ech2o is the only quick detailer that I am aware of that is specifically used for a coating. Products such as Gyeon Cure and Carpro Reload are spray silica sealants that can be used with coatings. The spray silica sealants are more maintenance coating products you can use a few times a year on your coating. I have not tried this yet, but some people have been dilutingsay 2 oz Carpro Ech2o, 2 oz Carpro Reload (or Gyeon Cure), and 28 oz or so of water. You also have the option of using Gyeon Wetcoat or Carpro Hydro2 to top your coating off as well. Those are both spray activated sealants. Back to your specific question about quick detailers, you should be fine using any quick detailer as long as it does not leave anything behind. I personally would recommend Carpro Ech2o. I love it and I've only used it as a quick detailer as of now. You can also dilute it as a clay lube, use it as a waterless wash, or a rinseless wash. It really isn't expensive when you see how little you use when you dilute it to your specific needs.

Post Thanks / Like

I am referring to your first part of your question. If you are concerned about re application, or starting from scratch, you probably shouldn't be considering a coating. It sounds like you would be better off trying some longer lasting sealants instead. It will be considerably cheaper.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjk512 View Post
    Quick question about the Gyeon MOHS Q2... It boasts hardness as one of its main features, so I was curious as to how difficult it is to polish it "off" when it is time to re-apply, or if I should just want to get rid of it and start from scratch??

Another quick question, what is an appropriate product to use as a QD with it? I currently use CG Hybrid V07 spray on two trucks currently done with Blackfire WD Sealant and would like to keep using it if possible. Any problems with using that spray on the Gyeon coating?

Thanks in advance!
    Gyeon MOHS is easy to apply and wipe off when you apply it. I apply two coats to make sure every inch of the car is coated.
    You can maintain it very easily with Carpro Ech2o 1 oz. + 16 oz or Distilled water and 1/2 oz. of Geyon Cure.
    I do not like to use CURE straight but that's just me. I like Carpro Ech2o as you can make many bottles with it and one bottle of Carpro Ech2o will last a long time.

As for removing it after a year or so is very easy. Just wash and clay your car first like you always would before a full detail. Then just use a DA with a Yellow pad (I use Rupes) and buff off with a quality polish like Sonax Perfect Finish or HD Polish. I tend to jewel polish the car one more time with a while pad with HD polish and then wipe the car down twice with Gyeon Prep.

Then its a simple re apply from a 30 ML bottle instructions. Also if you buy the Gyeon MOHS Kit it comes with a small bottle of Gyeon Cure included with the applicator block and the suede application cloths.

Post Thanks / Like

I as well no use Ech20 mixed with cure and love the results that it give to a coated car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast