autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone used Optimum Big Red Sponge?

Quote Originally Posted by Nav45 View Post
    I am just wondering how the BRS works when using something besides ONR. I know that BRS was supposedly designed to work with ONR but I'm curious to see how it works with other products. Supposedly, ONR brings the dirt particles down to the bottom of wash bucket so you can safely wash the vehicle. Will other rinseless products do the same? I'm kind of hesitant in using other products with the BRS. Appreciate if you can share some of your experience with this.
    Works fine with other rinseless washes. Used it with McKee's N914, meguiar's D114, CarPro EcH2O besides ONR.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    How much solution do you make for a typical rinseless? Do you measure out how much water or possibly have your bucket marked to a specific quantity i.e. a mark at every gallon? Or do you choose instead to just measure how much rinseless solution you’re putting into the bucket and just sort of eyeball how much water you put in there?

Trying to get an idea whether your rinseless wash can be accomplished with 1 or 2 gallons per wash.
    Have the McKee's buckets which are marked. Homie discount. Grit guard in the bucket and I make 3-4 gallons. Dunk a pump sprayer into the solution for a pre-rinse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nav45 View Post
    I've noticed that there are more options now. I'm also pretty happy with the BRS but just have been hesitant trying something besides ONR with it. Yeah the gold sponge seems awfully similar and I'm not sure if being softer is necessarily a good thing.

How is the new black sponge? It seems like a good product and unlike the BRS, it won't stain (or show the stains) as easily. Not that getting rid of the stains is difficult or anything. It seems slightly more ergonomic as well.

Also, after you use the si02 product with the sponge, do you thoroughly clean it or just rinse it out and go to the next rinseless? I'm kind of weird and would chemically clean the sponge after using a si02 product in it. For some reason I'm under the (probably false) assumption that an si02/sealant infused rinseless will somehow mess up my drying towels and render them useless. So I simply separate regular wash products from si02/sealant wash products. I'm sure its all in my head LOL.
    The gold sponge was designed for softer paints in mind. The new TRC black sponge is supposed to be much better than the BRS in performance and ergonomics. The BRS should be cleaned out every few washes with some APC.

The SiO2 won't do anything to the BRS. The solution is mostly water anyway so any SiO2 won't be that durable. Rinse out the sponge and use it again for next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used Optimum Big Red Sponge?

How much solution do you make for a typical rinseless? Do you measure out how much water or possibly have your bucket marked to a specific quantity i.e. a mark at every gallon? Or do you choose instead to just measure how much rinseless solution you’re putting into the bucket and just sort of eyeball how much water you put in there?

Trying to get an idea whether your rinseless wash can be accomplished with 1 or 2 gallons per wash.
    I use a 1.5 gallon and 7-9 eagle Edgeless. Don’t like storing excess solution. I use a 2 gallon bucket. I use Mckee’s N-914, Griots BS rinseless and Uber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I use a 1.5 gallon and 7-9 eagle Edgeless. Don’t like storing excess solution. I use a 2 gallon bucket. I use Mckee’s N-914, Griots BS rinseless and Uber.

What’s a 2 gallon bucket look like?

I’ve recently thought about getting this 6 gallon bucket in order to increase my mitt count. But I find it hard to justify the price for it + I rarely need more mitts than I currently use but when I do it’s kind of annoying to run out.

Yes, I know this is a rinseless thread.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Works fine with other rinseless washes. Used it with McKee's N914, meguiar's D114, CarPro EcH2O besides ONR.

The gold sponge was designed for softer paints in mind. The new TRC black sponge is supposed to be much better than the BRS in performance and ergonomics. The BRS should be cleaned out every few washes with some APC.

The SiO2 won't do anything to the BRS. The solution is mostly water anyway so any SiO2 won't be that durable. Rinse out the sponge and use it again for next time.
    That's what I was thinking ... or overthinking lol. Yeah it does make sense - just rinse out the sponge. So I guess we have a few choices in the various sponges. All seem to be good. Thank you.

6. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used Optimum Big Red Sponge?

I’m thinking of just tossing my BRS in the washing machine with a bunch of pads I need to wash.

Post Thanks / Like

What’s a 2 gallon bucket look like?

I’ve recently thought about getting this 6 gallon bucket in order to increase my mitt count. But I find it hard to justify the price for it + I rarely need more mitts than I currently use but when I do it’s kind of annoying to run out.

Yes, I know this is a rinseless thread.
    Like a small 5 gallon

Post Thanks / Like

I’m thinking of just tossing my BRS in the washing machine with a bunch of pads I need to wash.
    I’ve washed mine a couple times this way with no ill effects.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567