autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: the best spray wax

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    its ridiculous, the bottle that they come in is so small that the spray head is actually bigger then the bottle.
    Looks hilarious sitting in the shelf, doesn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes spray sealant.Not much of a spray wax guy.I've pretty much tried everything out there and this one is good stuff.A little pricey versus others ,another one is v7 from Chemical guys as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    If you use a spray wax after every wash, try using Prima Hydro as a drying aid. The gloss is terrific!

Prima Hydro Wax As You Dry Spray, spray wax
    I use this a lot. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Optimum spray wax after every wash, no matter what kind of wash I do, I love the Optimum spray wax.

Sent from my XT1254 using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Likes Route246, AKT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey OP, I would like to direct you to a noob in the field but not by a noob company and that is the Aerospace 303 spray wax, very, very good product.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

OT, but seeing how Prima is mentioned, is is just old stock or is Prima still in Biz ?

DP was one of the 1st places I got crazy with MF...for all you old skoolers, remember the Monster Fluffys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Brilliant stuff.

This and its stronger sibling Prima Hydro Max are a joy to use; never having to worry about streaking even if heavy-handed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    OT, but seeing how Prima is mentioned, is is just old stock or is Prima still in Biz ?
    Still in business! AG just paired back their offering of Prima products to the 3 most popular... Hydro, Hydro MAX, and Amigo.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried everything out there and have seldom seen a "bad" spray wax. They all protect a little and do a good job of "boosting" the appearance of your lsp. Now that I am close to 70 years old I find that saving work and steps is becoming more and more important. My back and hands and energy are not quite the same as they use to be. Here is what I do now although I am an experimenter by nature and will find other things to play with in time:

First, I want a great LSP on my car. It cost $86,000 (MB CLS550), so a couple hundred on the "best" is justified. A couple months after buying the car I did my normal clay and chemical cleaning (P21S Paintwork Cleanser). Then it received a coat of Polish Angel Carnaubaflockencreme SnowWhite (my car color is Diamond White), followed by a "topper" of Polish Angel High Gloss. Needless to say, the looks were outstanding.

My weekly wash is with CG Extreme Body Wash and Wax. That is the secret. You do not need a spray wax if you use this shampoo on a weekly basis. As long as you have a great LSP sitting on your paint, the Extreme shampoo will do just as well as any spray wax in terms of gloss enhancement. I can't tell you how beautiful the car looks after using this shampoo, at least on my Diamond White paint. The "diamonds" sparkle and the looks are terrific under lights or the bright sun. If a "topper" is needed, another shot of Polish Angel High Gloss does the trick for another couple of months.

So, if you want to save time and effort by doing two things at once, and as long as you wash on a weekly basis, using a high quality LSP and using a wax enhanced shampoo, should suit you to a tee without having to fool with a spray wax. Having said all that, if you must use a spray wax your best overall is Optimum Spray Wax but your best dollar for dollar values are Duragloss AquaWax and Lucas Slick Mist Spray Wax because they also perform beautifully as drying aids to save you work and cost several dollars less than the Optimum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails the best spray wax-celine-005-800x600-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detailer Spray and Black Fire Midnight Sun Spray Detailer.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast