autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze question

Been buffing out my 2016 GTI. I want to put a Sealant on and Klasse is what I have. I only have time to put one coat on tomorrow to allow it to set up. Can I put a layer of Pinnacle carnauba on top after the Klasse sets and then come back in a week or two (or in spring) to apply another coat of Klasse, or will the Pinnacle keep it from adhering.

Another question: I don't have the Klasse AIO Polish to put on before. Will the Sealant work okay by itself? I want a deep shine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ** Clean cars go faster!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze question

I would apply a single coat of KSG and call it a day, no need to put anything on top of it unless your trying to change the look a bit.

KSG makes the paint "pop" or gives it an almost plastic look, some people like it and some don't, so adding a nuba would change the look to a warm, natural look.

I know you said you don't have the time but when you do, add a 2nd coat of KSG later, wait 12 hrs and then apply another coat. There's something about that 2nd coat right away that does wonders.

I've been using KSG since 2005 and have always loved it, so easy to use. Speaking of that, how are you planning to apply and remove it? I ask because I have a technique that makes applying/removing a breeze, fool proof.

In closing, no need to use KAIO but make sure the paint is clean and smooth before all the coats, obviously. I'm subscribed here to help out.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I foamed with a foam gun; clayed entire car; in the process of buffing with Wolfgang TSR. So far I've buffed the hood, rear hatch, wing on top of the hatch, rear bumper, mirror caps. Tomorrow I'll buff the front bumper and fenders, all doors, 1/2 top (other half is sunroof), and the rear fenders and upper sections above rear fenders.

** Clean cars go faster!

Post Thanks / Like

And I was going to apply with a damp microfiber applicator

** Clean cars go faster!

Post Thanks / Like

Ive always been a fan of KSG. You can't beat the longevity you get. I e always done a single coat in oct/nov before snow and then tried to cage the OCD of needing to clean the car till spring when I could apply another coat after a full detail. Still cleaned my car using touch less or some other method, but never to the extent I would have liked.

As long as you do a panel wipe after polish you should be good. Just don't use KSG on glass...I learned the hard way it doesn't come off easy. Collinite 845 is another great wax that I've (and probably most others on here) have used with great results.

Apply as thin as possible. By machine if you have a wax pad was really easy for me. I believe klasse act has some good tips that he shared with me a while back. (I Don't want to steal his thunder)

Good luck, looking forward to the finished pics!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huot25 View Post
    Ive always been a fan of KSG. You can't beat the longevity you get. I e always done a single coat in oct/nov before snow and then tried to cage the OCD of needing to clean the car till spring when I could apply another coat after a full detail. Still cleaned my car using touch less or some other method, but never to the extent I would have liked.

As long as you do a panel wipe after polish you should be good. Just don't use KSG on glass...I learned the hard way it doesn't come off easy. Collinite 845 is another great wax that I've (and probably most others on here) have used with great results.

Apply as thin as possible. By machine if you have a wax pad was really easy for me. I believe klasse act has some good tips that he shared with me a while back. (I Don't want to steal his thunder)

Good luck, looking forward to the finished pics!
    I do have some LC polishing pads I can use

** Clean cars go faster!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pjstockford View Post
    And I was going to apply with a damp microfiber applicator

Have a bowl of water handy and keep the applicator fresh, it helps, trust me. I find a squirt or two out of a spray bottle is more than enough for great coverage. Just work it in, side to side and top to bottom and then, most importantly, wipe off right away, no need for set up time as it's an acrylic based product.

KSG is also the main ingredient in my FrankenDetailer spray wad homebrewKlasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze question

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Have a bowl of water handy and keep the applicator fresh, it helps, trust me. I find a squirt or two out of a spray bottle is more than enough for great coverage. Just work it in, side to side and top to bottom and then, most importantly, wipe off right away, no need for set up time as it's an acrylic based product.

KSG is also the main ingredient in my FrankenDetailer spray wad homebrewKlasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze question

And I wait 12 hrs for second coat, right?

** Clean cars go faster!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pjstockford View Post
    Been buffing out my 2016 GTI. I want to put a Sealant on and Klasse is what I have. I only have time to put one coat on tomorrow to allow it to set up. Can I put a layer of Pinnacle carnauba on top after the Klasse sets and then come back in a week or two (or in spring) to apply another coat of Klasse, or will the Pinnacle keep it from adhering.

Another question: I don't have the Klasse AIO Polish to put on before. Will the Sealant work okay by itself? I want a deep shine.

be careful applying and taking off the klasse, itcan be hard to buff you can re marr the paint. just one coat and the souvern is enough

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

the directions on the sealant do say to let it set up before buffing off though, i was doing it and it was still buffing off fairly easy as long as i was applying it right. i used a small spray bottle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast