autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Black label vinyl & leather coating

I was looking at buying pinnacle black label vinyl & leather coating.

Would I need to buy a cleaner than use this or can I use this as a cleaner aswell?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black label vinyl & leather coating

You will need a cleaner before applying this product. The only time you may not really need a cleaner is if your car is brand new, but even then I would wipe down the panels/seats before applying. A dedicated leather cleaner would work or an APC diluted for cleaning leather.

Post Thanks / Like

Give it a good cleaning before you coat. I used pinnacle leather conditioner and cleaner before applying the PBL coating. Even on a two year old car it was amazing how much dirt it pulled up and did really softened things up.

Post Thanks / Like

It says usable on plastic also.. what would be a good suggested cleaner for my 2010 sierra dash?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Not only does it work great on leather but also any plastics in the interior.
    I first clean everything I plan on coating using Griots Interior cleaner.
    Ph Is low but leaves behind a clean surface.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Use a cleaner on plastics that isn't designed to "condition" the surface. A diluted APC is a good choice. I wipe down with a damp towel afterwards to make sure there isn't any residue. Same approach For leather, I would recommend a leather cleaner that is a pure cleaner, not a cleaner and conditioner product. Wipe down afterwards with damp towel and let leather dry before applying the coating.

It's a great product, lasts 6 months or so on interior panels, IME. You won't see that kind of longevity on leather that you sit on frequently, like drivers seat. Abrasion from getting in and out of the seat wears it off after a couple months. I really like the feel of it on leather, it's smooth feeling but not slick or slippery.

Post Thanks / Like

So started interior treatment and applied this to interior plastics and vinyl. Works well.

Cleaned all surfaces with Conolly’s leather cleaner wipe off and followed with damp rag. Let surfaces dry. Applied product and was really happy with the finish. Had a tiny sheen and made plastics look new. Also diminished appearances of scuffs. Good stuff and if i can get 4-6 months it will be my new go too.

Ifci hadn’t bought Gyeon Leathershield too would used this on my leather cuz i like rhe appearance so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    So started interior treatment and applied this to interior plastics and vinyl. Works well.

Cleaned all surfaces with Conolly’s leather cleaner wipe off and followed with damp rag. Let surfaces dry. Applied product and was really happy with the finish. Had a tiny sheen and made plastics look new. Also diminished appearances of scuffs. Good stuff and if i can get 4-6 months it will be my new go too.

Ifci hadn’t bought Gyeon Leathershield too would used this on my leather cuz i like rhe appearance so much!

Good stuff. I was just thinking that the next week or so would be good to redo my interiors. I don’t generally enjoy this part, especially the cleaning, but the end result is worth it if you are satisfied with products used. I use the Mckees leather coating and I doubt it’s more potent than PBL. But I won’t comment on plastics since I generally/accidentally clean and protect those quite often. The coating lasts 4-5 months on leather, it seems. Dirt wipes off easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Good stuff. I was just thinking that the next week or so would be good to redo my interiors. I don’t generally enjoy this part, especially the cleaning, but the end result is worth it if you are satisfied with products used. I use the Mckees leather coating and I doubt it’s more potent than PBL. But I won’t comment on plastics since I generally/accidentally clean and protect those quite often. The coating lasts 4-5 months on leather, it seems. Dirt wipes off easily.
    Yeah 4-6 months on PBL is what i read. I bought it for the plastics as with it being a convertible figured i should protect the whole interior. I don’t normally use anything but a quick interior detailer on interiors.

Gonna coat the leather with Gyeon LS and use Leather coat for maintenance.

Got way to much stuff for interiors but gonna maintain with Adam’s and P&S interior QD’s

11. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post