autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wash rinseless & waterless wash microfiber towels together??

Hi guys,

I had read everywhere in the posts, that it is highly recommended to wash MF towels separately by their application (polish, wax, detaling and so on). So I was wondering, if it is recommended to wash together rinseless and waterless wash microfibers? They are used for similar applications (wash a car without a hose, but with different products), but I am not sure if I can do that. I use different kinds of MF for those jobs, for rinseless I am using double nap MFs (fluffy and short one for windows), and for waterless I am using single medium nap MFs.

My car is always outside, so my washing routine is: One Rinseless wash at weekends and 2 waterless washes at weekdays (one if I am too lazy). I have a small sized car, so I use up to 4 MFs for rinseless, 1 waffle weave towel for drying, and for waterless I use between 3 or 4 MFs. For Rinseless I use ONR Wash & Shine and for Waterless I use Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate.

When I am done washing my car, I toss the MFs on separated buckets with water (If they are heavily soiled, I add liquid soap or diluted powder of oxy clean), and let them soak overnight. After that, I do a demi hand wash to remove the loosened dirt before I put them in the washing machine with a dedicated MF wash.

I have another question: I read a recommendation from Mike Phillips, that is best to achieve at least 12 MFs for a small wash load, otherwise It is a waste of water and washing product, so the question is: What is the best recommendation to store those dirty microfibers until I get the number of 12 to do a small wash load? I was thinking to store them in a bucket with water with or without soap (for a week), but I don't know If they will lose their performance. On the other hand, I could store them in a bucket without water and let them dry with all those dirt, but I am afraid they will get stained permanently.

I will appreciate all your suggestions.

Cesar.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wash rinseless & waterless wash microfiber towels together??

You have good questions.. As far as your 1st question: It's fine to wash those towels together. Rinseless/waterless towels essentially do the same thing and tend to get equally soiled. If you're using a microfiber liquid wash detergent it will get them all clean no matter what rinseless/waterless solution is in the towels.

As far as what to do with the soiled towels after you're done washing your car? You have a few options: You can do a quik handwash in your rinseless bucket against the grit guard [this won't be an option if you're doing Gary Dean method]
    Another option is to do a quik hand wash in a separate bucket with a Grit Guard and a bit of car wash soap, then ring them out.
    3rd option is to simply rinse the towels clean of most of the grit in the sink with plain water, and then wring them out.

Where to store them till it's time? Ideally you would have a mesh laundry bag that hangs freely for you to put your fairly cleaned and wrung out towels till you have enough for a load to wash.

I think that's better than letting towels soak in water for an extended period of time.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

I probably don't bother, as much as others
    may, in keeping my MF-towels separated
    according to the specific task for which they
    are used...only the ones used on auto-glass
    are separated from the herd.

That gives me more than enough non-auto
    glass MF-towels to wash after doing a RW
    or WW, without having to store them.

On the otherhand:
    The auto-glass cleaners' chemicals, that
    initially "contaminate" their designated
    auto-glass MF-towels, will quickly evap-
    orate...leaving them mostly dry enough
    to store in a closable bag...until it's been
    deemed to be enough for a wash-load.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Just use more towels each wash then you'll have enough to do a load immediately. I wouldn't worry about mixing towels but then again I don't use dedicated glass towels since the Griots PFMs don't lint on glass anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I always mix towels (glass, Wax, Rinseless, Waterless etc.) in the wash. Never had a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    I probably don't bother, as much as others
    may, in keeping my MF-towels separated
    according to the specific task for which they
    are used...only the ones used on auto-glass
    are separated from the herd.

That gives me more than enough non-auto
    glass MF-towels to wash after doing a RW
    or WW, without having to store them.

On the otherhand:
    The auto-glass cleaners' chemicals, that
    initially "contaminate" their designated
    auto-glass MF-towels, will quickly evap-
    orate...leaving them mostly dry enough
    to store in a closable bag...until it's been
    deemed to be enough for a wash-load.

Bob
    Same method as me, don't worry too much about seperating MFs.

I only have 5 MF glass towels and just hang them to dry on my Megs glass cleaner spray bottle. Wasteful washing 5 16x16 towels in one load, but at least it's a front loader and High efficiency. I used to use paper towel to clean glass, so at least I'm being somewhat eco-friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO you're fine to put them together. The only ones I really seperate are the ones that I use for wheels, door jambs, hood/engine, etc. that tend to get really dirty. I soak them in an APC Mix / Soap for 1-2 days, then really rinse them out and wash them.

That said all of my waterless or rinseless MF Rags used for cleaning are pre-washed with a hard stream of water in the wash-tub in our laundry area. Washed and double rinsed together, dry on low. They come out like brand new every time.

I keep a crazy number of each so that I can wash them in decent sized loads. Sometimes I go a month or more and still have clean rags. Glass MF Rags, I have about 25 and wait until I have about 20 dirty and then just wash them on small load setting.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

When doing a 2 bucket I generally do a rinse and spin until I have enough to do a load.

If I do an ONR rinseless I will wash them right away. Which is usually 10-12 towels. I dont want them sitting with ONR held dirt in them. ONR doesnt suds up.

If i do a D114 rinseless that is definitely a rinse and spin. Then wash them.I have filled the front loader with suds on more than 1 occasion

Other than that I dont see any big deal about mixing those 2 wash methods towels.

But dont let them soak for a week. The water might get pretty rank

Post Thanks / Like

I wash everything together, no issues and never even thought about this but I can see where your coming from.

Btw BDX 3D Towel Kleen is back in stock here on AG. Under $20.00 a gallon, best bang for the buck and this product really cleans well!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Two different wash loads:

1. Good MF (paint, glass, interior leather/vinyl)
    2. Not-so-good MF (wheels, jambs, trim, engine bay)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat