autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone use a dash cam?

any recommendations on one that is good quality and easy to use without breaking the bank?

this one seems to have gotten decent reviews (Novatek NT96650 G1W) at around $50..

pro's / con's on having one?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: anyone use a dash cam?

My brother just got me the cobra one from costco. Have not had much time to really play around with it. I will this week as I just hooked it up.

Forgot to mention that it acts a radar detector as well when using the cobra app.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking at the Blackvue 2ch. Good reviews.

Junior Member Matt@flyingchipmunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

https://dashcamtalk.com/ is the place to check out.

I've been using the street guardian panorama g for a few years. I have used footage from it twice in court to prove the cops blatantly lied (it records gps coordinates date/time and speed). But mostly I have it for 'just in-case' for accidents/damage. In reality it has found it's use mostly for entertainment when my passengers forgot it's there and they go off on an idiot driver around us.

Post Thanks / Like

Also interested what dash cam would be a good one to get. That is not crazy expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I have two dash cams. Great peace of mind on insurace and bad srivers. Check google for "Dashcams Wirecutter" to read a really indepth review on dashcams and all the top models.

Post Thanks / Like

The Best Dash Cam | The Wirecutter

Its only a 100 dollars. Set it and forget it bro. Great value.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@flyingchipmunk View Post
    I've been using the street guardian panorama g for a few years. I have used footage from it twice in court to prove the cops blatantly lied (it records gps coordinates date/time and speed).
    Wow, so you're saying you basically got pulled over and harrassed and given speeding tickets that you were then able to beat in court with the dashcam footage?

Junior Member Matt@flyingchipmunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Wow, so you're saying you basically got pulled over and harrassed and given speeding tickets that you were then able to beat in court with the dashcam footage?
    Yup, It was when I had an STi, 100% profiled because of the car. Both times found not at fault with help of the video. One time a cop cited me for doing 95 on an off ramp, video clearly showed me doing ~35. Another time an unmarked cop cited me doing 75 in a 55 passing him, video showed me doing 60 (yes technically speeding but still got it thrown out).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to buy one soon - they turn people honest really quickly. I'm probably going with the A119. Nice and discreet and has some good features for about 100 bucks.

Few months ago I had a big moving truck back into me at a stoplight because he was out in the intersection and didn't see me. I couldn't react fast enough so I honked right as he put a big gash in my bumper. Nobody was hurt and it was going to be under 500 in damage - I spoke with the business owner on the phone and he asked to do things out of pocket and I got all his info; I had somewhere I absolutely had to be so I didn't call the police(my fault, whatever)

Fast forward to two months later he's dragging his feet about paying me for the repairs(they were around $400) and he says "You know, I think you made all of this up. My guys would never do this. I'm not paying." I told him not to even start down that road because I had video footage. He immediately met me somewhere and paid me in cash. I'm lucky he didn't call my bluff but now I have to have one because I won't get that lucky twice. It's just kind of terrible we have to resort to this kind of covering of our butts because people don't want to pony up when they make a mistake.

Matt@flyingchipmunk - that's unbelievable that you had two bogus tickets. Glad you were able to get out of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast